The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Hows this for apocalyptic, in an effort to get food, the community around here are organising popup markets where you can go barter for things you need with things you have lots of.

3 Likes

Please have some cable ties and a citizens arrest rights card handy for the fucker who arrives and asks how many loaves of bread he can get for a 55” LG TV.

And a can of silver spray paint - time to go all shiny and chrome! Hitch the tanker up, we going for fuel! Witness me!!!

3 Likes

One of the assistants at my wife’s school told her that the people in her township were going around knocking on doors checking to see if anyone had new TV’s etc. and if so they’d sort them out… if I was one of the looters I’d rather hand myself in than face the mob justice, judging from the stories I’ve heard.

5 Likes

I wonder how long before SABC makes an announcement the looters need to pay for their TV licenses.

5 Likes

Good morning! :grinning::wave:

4 Likes

Morning

4 Likes

Morning!
Guess who is getting vaccinated today? ME!!! My medical aid has let me book a time slot for the vaccine today at their vaccine site in Florida! Woo-hoo!

4 Likes

Nice! I am waiting for the smoke to clear to do a walk in in our area

4 Likes

Morning people of the Palace Have a great day

2 Likes

No vaccinations happening around here right now, unfortunately. But I am registered at least for when thing return top normalcy. Or relative normalcy.

3 Likes

How about just giving from the goodness of your heart and demonstrating love for your fellow people?

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

This is an extract from a newsletter I get, so sad and it didn’t have to happen.

I’m even more worried about small businesses. Famous Brands is a franchise model, so when the company says that 99 stores were damaged and cannot trade, it means that many families have lost their businesses and their livelihoods. Of course, so have the staff members.

3 Likes

Interesting you should say that, we did it yesterday already. Someone wanted to give me bread for free, I already am getting 2 today for tomatoes, so I met up with the person and we went to give the bread and other things we have like oranges to an older lady that lives by herself and she cannot get around to barter.

I love this town

5 Likes

Sorry, it was not directed at you nor a reflection on you, just a general comment. I hate that people try to monopolise on these kind of circumstances.

2 Likes

Sunday is Mandela day, it’s not a bank holiday is it?

1 Like

Banks are normally closed on Sunday anyway.

But Mandela day is just a day in name. Not a specific public holiday.

2 Likes

I find this line from the document in the article below particularly funny. The article summarises the rules the SANDF soldiers are given as to how they must operate in the current crisis:

Do not run away when attacked by civilians

I mean, if you have to tell a “trained” soldier holding an assault rifle that s/he should not run away from civilians then, something is not quite right.

5 Likes

I would have thought something along the lines of “Don’t shoot the civilians!” would be more appropriate.

4 Likes

I would have thought they should stand their ground and expect to be harmed if attacked by a civilian, and in response shoot in retaliation.

I.e. expect to be shot if approaching an armed official with hostile intent.

3 Likes

Cape Town!

We have various distribution points that will be in all over Durban with security to hand out parcels.
Please DONATE whatever you can and drop off with me by Sunday morning - I am based in Blouberg, Cape Town and will give you my address upon contacting me.
0769387372 - contact me via WhatsApp.
We will also require donated goods such as flour, oil, rice, canned items, pet food, sanitary wear, etc

3 Likes