The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Well people. I’m in the process of buying a house. Scary stuff!

Found a place in Little Falls. Will see how things go from here.

9 Likes

Where is my photos!

Good luck dude! So happy for you guys!

2 Likes

Thanks Wyv! Hopefully everything will go well from here. It’s going to be a stressful couple of months.

3 Likes

Im holding all the thumbs and crossing fingers and toes!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Adulting level 1000!

3 Likes

Congrats. Now to wait for the transfers and registrations.

5 Likes

First have to sign the offer to purchase. Waiting to hear from the estate agent. We discussed the price with her and such told her that we want to take it and that’s where it stopped so far.

2 Likes

Are you lowbaling?

1 Like

Yes, offered less than what he is asking. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that’s such a stupid system…when my dad was trying to sell his house the estate agents deliberately make the price higher than what he says he wants for it, because of exactly that. Its like the norm…
So now everyone knows the list price is higher than what the seller will accept, and so you will never agree to the list price but you will make a lower offer.

so dumb

4 Likes

I’m a stubborn old asshole (my soul is old). When we put our house on the market one day I am going to say the listing which is the bare minimum that I would be willing to take as a 1st offer. Fuckoff real estate marketing bullshit.

4 Likes

Don’t they dop that so they can get their percentage that they want?

2 Likes

no they even say ppl will always ask UNDER selling price, so if you want X, you gotta ask “X plus 200k” or w/e so you will get offers for X.

At least that was our experience with my dad selling his place. Fortunately he was in no rush to sell so laughed at the people trying to lowball.

1 Like

Kinda dropping in on the tail-end here but you could say the same thing about anything that is resellable. People will always inflate the price despite what they actually want for it cos we know that any offer will start low and thus the haggle begins. With often landing on an aggreed price of what the seller actually wanted, or close to it, as possible.

2 Likes

It’s a very stupid system. I basically had to haggle. In my opinion you should ask a price and that’s the price. I’m pretty sure he would have gone for my initial offer. I should have offered less.

Going after work to go sign the offer to purchase and just ask some questions first.

6 Likes

You’re right. Estate agents are on the same list as used car salesmen.

3 Likes

Back in Canada, I paid $55,000 when the asking price was $59,000.

When I sold, I asked $79,000 and got $91,000…

3 Likes

You were so ripped off.

4 Likes

?? Huh ??

Are Northern hemisphere economics the same as water down the drain, in that they work opposite to how they do here? :smiley:

3 Likes

Depends… I bought during a buyers market, and sold during a sellers market.

3 Likes