The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Morning people of the Palace have a great day

3 Likes

Good Monday morning, citizens of Planet Earth :earth_africa:
:grinning::wave:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone.

Reporting in from work.

5 Likes

G’day all. First day of leave, gonna spend some time watching Olympics, working on my research, gaming, and generally being kak. Sorry, Greg. :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

Trying to get as much done as I can today work wise. Mondays are always the best for that.

I hope you all have a good week!

6 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Working at the shop today 9 to 7.

Its gonna be a long one

4 Likes

I’ll allow it this one time.

4 Likes

hey hi hallo

4 Likes

On the subject of being kak…

How long is polite enough before I can start giving Takealot kak on Twitter for screwing up an order, and now ignoring my requests for information and updates?

Been saving for ages for a decent new TV, eventually found one on good special, jumped at the opportunity. Even swallowed my pride and paid the stupid SABC executive management retirement fund contributions.

All excited when I got the “your delivery is on the way” SMS on Saturday morning. Hugely crushed and disappointed when completely the wrong size and wrong brand TV arrived on Saturday afternoon.

What I ordered:

What I got:

Immediately put in a Return/Replacement request. Takealot Support responded with a request for pictures of the delivered items’ barcodes and stuff which I immediately sent. Since then, nada, niks, and fokol, despite asking them nicely in my reply to confirm that the pictures I’d sent were okay. Two more emails to them today asking for an update have both gone unanswered now, and now I’m irritated.

I understand mistakes happen (although how not one person among however many people between the Cape Town warehouse and my Joburg home picked up on the very obvious error here baffles me…). But don’t now ignore me when I’ve been patient and polite so far. Solve my problem. This is an obvious no brainer error. Fix it. Sort out your internal issues and work out who messed up in your own time.

@SIGSTART / anyone know if they have a Takealot thread and Rep who actually gives a hoot over on the MyBB forums? Alternatively, does anyone know anyone at Takealot who can follow up for me?

(Feel free to DM me if you don’t want to name folks publicly here, I promise to keep the info confidential.)

5 Likes

Do it, it’s what I would do

2 Likes

its only monday today. im sure you will get a response by tomorrow.

2 Likes

That’s quite a shocker.

I did a return in March where they sent me the wrong item. It took 5 days including a weekend to finalise. Their email support is always slow. Much quicker to phone and speak to someone who can get things moving

2 Likes

Worst case you can go to one of their pick-up points to maybe speak to a person, and even if they can’t help you maybe they can phone someone who can. I’ve returned a few things here at ours.

https://www.takealot.com/takealot-pickup-points

2 Likes

Wow @GregRedd that’s a really bad one!

I’ve also had wrong deliveries by Takealot in the past but it was normally sorted out in a day or two. Mind you it wasn’t a tv but smaller things.

I hope you come right!

2 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Good Tuesday morning! :grinning::wave:

Thanks for all the advice re Takealot. Will reign in my frustration, stay as zen and positive as possible, and see what progress is made today. Hopefully it gets sorted soon enough. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Twitter is the first place I would have gone to complain. They are usually pretty quick to respond there.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone.

5 Likes

Mornin people of the palace

Somehow I passed out last night at 9, woke up at 11 got into bed properly and slept till now

9 Likes