The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Idle Observatory - Click, Click, Stars!

Good morning all! :grinning::wave:

1 Like

Morning people of the palace hope you all have a good day

2 Likes

Turns out this is only available and supported on Android.

1 Like

So I was performing a survey and was presented with the following question:

How do you currently describe your gender identity?

Following that, and this is the part that confused me:

How do you currently describe your sexual identity?

This world and society is becoming too confusing.

3 Likes

Where they multiple choice or fill in the blank?

If the latter, just write whichever genitals you have into both.

1 Like

Poorly.

Using powerpoint.

3 Likes

haha yeah, it was a free text field.

Love your guys’ responses though.

2 Likes

Brings to mind the anger that boils up every time I see an official form of some kind ask me what race I am and gives me a list of options that does NOT include either “Do not want to declare” or “none of the above”.

I mean how do they define these races? Is there an exact genetic count associated with the definitions? If so do I have to prove that ratio? I am pretty sure I have some genetic ancestors that were of a variety of “races”.

Do they define it as to how I look? If so then is that not at all identity driven? My oldest daughter speaks fluent zulu and insists that she identifies as “black” since all her friends are “black”.

I object to these classifications as they are nothing but an attempt to pin my ass to the wall to be discriminated against or for or whatever.

2 Likes

I feel you there. I have tried to remove myself from putting too much emphasis or emotion on that ethnicity and instead think of the results as purely for the purpose of driving demographics.

Whenever provided with the option, like in this case, I was offered a free text field which is great becuase it allows me to associate with it whatever I personally feel appropriate. However, whenever I don’t feel comfortable with entering this data, or not being provided with an adaquate option, I will simply neglect to fill in said information.

Thats how Jedi became a religion in England, I believe someone just wrote it in the census response.

1 Like

hahaha you gotta be kidding me?

1 Like

he’s not XD

3 Likes

@SIGSTART thanks for introducing me to @Ani, we had a blast today walking Syd and driving around, sadly we didn’t get you a Waffle

4 Likes

It was indeed a wonderful time! Sydney is the very happy owner of a giant bag of Auntie Angie’s homemade liver crunch snacks, and after plenty of sniffventures (3 different dog parks plus a visit to the beach) he is now fast asleep and snoring away.

10 Likes

Good Friday morning! :grinning::wave:

5 Likes

Morning

6 Likes

Morning all, hope you have a fab Friday.

7 Likes

Almost weekend. I’m so tired.

4 Likes

Crappy Friday morning all, my one tooth implant has come loose, it feels like the whole thing and not just the crown. Got an appointment for 12 but can’t work today due to this.

4 Likes