The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Howdy all. My wifes phone seems to be packing up. Anyone have any tips on where to get prepaid phones? Ie not buying via vodacom/mtn stores. we have sim, just wanna replace device. i have no cool clue as to where to go for mobile stuff, doubt its in same places as PC stuff hehe.

Currently looking at something like the galaxy a51 or a52 depending on pricing

1 Like

I bought a Xiaomi 9S from Takealot, very, very happy with it. There’s probably the newer model out now but have a look at their range and pick your price point. They are solid mid-range phones.

1 Like

Will do. AM seeing that takealot seem to have quite the selection and not ve priced insanely badly, so looking there for now. But definitely would love to hear from someone about “online store called X that specializes in phones” hehe

EDIT: someones mentioned mia.africa.com (for xiaomi)

2 Likes

FYI

@FarligOpptreden, just received this, available on Wednesday and Friday:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I detest the place, but I ordered my Samsung S10e on Incredible Connection’s website. They had a special on it, R1000 discount on a R9000 phone, phone arrived the day after ordering. Really impressed by the whole experience.

Don’t use Takealot unless you want a 32" Hitech tv.

7 Likes

So I had plans to take the family this weekend for a picnic at Green Point Park for the wife and lightie’s birthday, but looking at the weather report we don’t seem to be having the best weather this weekend.

Is there such a thing as indoor picnics? I know it kinda defeats the point but an activity like that is more affordable for me than a restaurant or the likes.

1 Like

Well you could have it in your living room. Ain’t no rules that say you can’t.

You ever camp in your living room when you were young?

4 Likes

Blanket fort!

7 Likes

haha yeah I threw the option out there to much disgust. I just think everyone is also sick of just being trapped at home too.

3 Likes
1 Like

I didn’t consider that. Sorry.

2 Likes

No worries. I guess the point of the picnic is also that we can sit together while away from crowds or groups so that we can remove our masks a bit. I really hate going long hours with the bladdy thing around my face, I almost start feeling claustrophobic.

1 Like

Think I have figured something out, perhaps take a trip to Hout Bay and visit their mini-golf and or scratch-patch. Pack a coolerbag for the “road trip” and make an event of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Geeeeez, are they still around?! We went there in the early 90’s (that’s in the 1900’s, kids) when I was still a young Avatar with my beard only centimeters long. I remember bringing back a bank baggie (which I learned later is called a bankie in other circles) full of pretty stones, and spent days matching them up to the “Treasures of the Earth” (or something) magazine samplers.

2 Likes

I share your sentiments completely. I remember doing that stuff ages ago and was surprised to see two of them, one in Hout Bay and the other at the V&A Waterfront.

My son can’t even comprehend when I talk about times or dates pre 2000’s.

2 Likes

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW!

Please hold thumbs for me! Its with a property management company so I will be putting my current trustee skills to good use as well as lean on my legal background! YAY! And the salary is not far off from what i previously got(although having A salary is better than no salary)

11 Likes

Good morning citizens! :grinning::wave:

5 Likes

Morning

5 Likes

Morning people of the Palace

5 Likes

Hello people!

3 Likes