The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

That’s precisely what we’re doing. We are replacing electric stove (that only had 1 working plate) with a gas stove (which is probably why its dimensions are different). Literally got off phone now with gas installation guy, we accepted his quote on Friday, he’s coming to install the gas cylinder/hook it up and give us the CoC tomorrow morning.

My lady insisted we replace the hob with a gas one.

3 Likes

You have a very sensible lady then.

4 Likes

I trust her when it comes to kitchen stuff. She has qualifications to go with her knowledge (she’s a certified pastry chef - altho she’s currently a school teacher). So i defer to her when it comes to what we’re putting in and how it looks/where it goes.
I have most certainly bagged myself the total package…“find and marry someone who knows how to cook. Looks fade, hunger doesn’t” :smiley:

4 Likes

If anyone is getting rid of an old (working) gas stove, let me know. I’m sick of cooking on electric :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We just installed a 2 plate gas hob next to the electric one.

3 Likes

Our Kitchen is just too small to have a gas stove in or shall I rather say we dont have space for the gas bottle. Because we live in a complex the gas bottle cannot be outside…

3 Likes

Ooh so because I am traveling so far to work these days I just thought I would share how awesomely efficient my little Mazda 2 is on petrol. I got 710 km on a single tank over 19 days (probably could have gotten better if it was not for my heavy acceleration when pulling away from robots etc)

4 Likes

I’ve had a debate/argument with someone about accelerating and petrol efficiency. My take is you accelerate slowly and change gears asap (keep revs low as possible) until you get to your cruising speed. their argument was you accelerate fast and get ot the speed sooner and then cruise.

It just doesn’t make sense to me that that is more fuel efficient. the more acceleration the less efficient the engine fuel usage.

Anyone wanna tell me otherwise? I’m happy to be proven wrong, just need evidence :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a 6 speed automatic so… i accelerate as fast as the gearbox does it. I can switch to some form of manual but i have never tried…

3 Likes

I feel like @Wyvern today. People are driving me crazy.

3 Likes

I have just come off of the most international meeting I’ve ever had in my life. It’s for a very well known international brand, and we had people from South Africa, India, Egypt, France, Germany, Bulgaria, Turkey, Morocco, Dubai and Israel on the meeting. That was wild!

6 Likes

Wow that really is from all over.

I just had a meeting with a guy from Namibia. Is it just me or Namibian people always so nice? Well except @Havok.

I felt so annoyed with people until I had the meeting. He should become a psychologist. Just so calm and friendly and he understood everything I told him. Need more people like that.

3 Likes

Hehehe Im sorry that people are driving you insane

3 Likes

Thats a lot. The biggest mix we’ve had is from Finland and Germany.

Its their beer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awwww you remembered!

I’m just trying to compensate for my countrymen’s surplus of niceness, I guess.

5 Likes

I’m glad you are still alive!

3 Likes

As czc said, it’s our beer. After the third Windhoek Draught we’re essentially unkillable.

5 Likes

I can do with a beer right about now.

6 Likes

The scary thing is you take a windhoek draught, you drink it there, its fucking amazing…
You bring it back to this side and it tastes like absolute trash…like same sixpack and everything :P, drinking at coast on both ends

3 Likes

On our honeymoon down in the Cape my wife and I went on one of those wine tours. In our group there was a Japanese guy, a French guy, an Italian and a Dutch couple. I felt like I was on the set of Mind Your Language

4 Likes