The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Am I correct in thinking thats tuna and mayonnaise…? coz thats like our go-to food when we dont know what to make for the day…put cheese over that and melt in microwave and you have yourself dinner :smiley:

I make it with some butter lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, gherkins as well as pepper and we currently have a curly leaf lettuce so I added that as well.

k nvm then…i cant tell people i DO eat salad

1 Like

What you make is called just a tuna mayo :stuck_out_tongue: just please promise me never ever to put corn in it?

Its a staple in the uk, tuna corn mayo in jacket potatoes. as a salad, as a pizza topping

I installed battletech been dying to play it since the release.

Forza Horizon 5 definitely will be, and it will be a Play Anywhere title - it’s a Xbox Studios game.

BF2042 will be, but in limited form. You’ll need to have the EA Play add on subscription (or Game Pass Ultimate sub, which includes EA Play) and then you’ll initially have access to the Standard edition and be able to play for up to 10 hours. Then either buy the game (with a small discount) or wait until it gets added to the Play Library later on - 6 months + generally.

(See the recent convo we had about it here.)

1 Like

I add chopped pineapple to anything chicken or tuna mayo, gives a nice tang. Also, our house favourite toasted sandwich is tuna, chutney and cheese. We all love it.

2 Likes

Odds on Eskom announcing a last minute extension to loadshedding? Factor in to your estimate the fact that they issued this Tweet two hours ago…

2 Likes

That’s okay, I got a notice from body Corp that Burgundy Estate is having planned Eskom outage from 9am to 4pm tomorrow.

2 Likes

so i have a problem…

our gate intercom is essentially a voip phone…

So now i dont want to every month go and manually delete numbers from ppl moving out or add single numbers 1 by 1 when ppl move in.

We have all the residents details saved on a google contact form which we have been downloading to a csv file format and sending it through to out CCTV company for them t upload onto the phone. we asked them to show us how to do it so that we can do it more often than 1 a month. Thing is how they have explained it to us is not working… how do i get them to tell me exactly how to do it because if i have to have another argument with one of them about .txt , .csv and .xml im going to have a fit!

1 Like

What exactly did they explain? Did they give you any form of login details? Is it done through a website, or straight onto the phone/system?

1 Like

Ja we log into the phone system via an IP address. we have to connect to the network at the guardhouse. when i upload the details onto the phone it does this:

it keeps all the info as per the csv file except for the actual phone numbers… for some reason it puts the unit number there instead of the number

1 Like

If I was to take a guess, it could be either the word in heading row of the CSV, or the order the columns are in.

Do you know what brand the system is? Maybe there’s a manual online…

2 Likes

This is how they explained it to us to do. BTW the converting from a , to a ; step is incorrect as the phone does not like that at all.

The phone is a Fanvil X3S

1 Like

I would suggest opening the CSV in excel instead of a text editor, and making sure the columns are lined up correctly.

You should be able to save as a CSV, but change the comma to a semi-colon in there as well, but ultimately, it looks to me like the columns aren’t lining up properly. For example, where they have you put in work is essentially an empty column with no data from the sample they provide.

I’m not sure about the work column, but you definitely are going to want their phone number under the mobile column.

1 Like

when i open the csv file in excel it dumps all the data in on cell… so there will be many rows but all the data for each unit will be in one cell…

1 Like

Is that the file that already has the semicolon change?

Usually Excel will ask about the layout of a CSV file when you open it, including the delimiter (comma or semicolon in this case)… Not sure off the top of my head how you can force that dialogue to open…

1 Like

ja…mmmm there was something like that… i clicked dont show this again… ugh ok let me try this on my desktop where i havent screwed up the excel… ok scratch that cant do that because my software is linked on both pc’s ugh

2 Likes

Do you have the option available in your file option for importing legacy text wizard like in this website?

2 Likes

oh ja found that. it looks like this:

it does this now:

but i have never used excel like this…this is way way to much effort for updating the contacts on a phone

1 Like