The constitutional court has ruled in favour of private use of dagga

So its officially legal to smoke and grow it on your property - just don’t sell it!

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome. A definite step in the right direction.

2 Likes

doesnt change my life much, glad for the people who use it. Personally I don’t but I have no objection to those who do use it. :green_heart:

5 Likes

My view too. if you want to use it go ahead.

2 Likes

As with your sexuality, just don’t shove it in my face and we be cool - thats my philosophy

4 Likes

I’m not happy about this, but I suppose there’s no stopping natural selection?

Will be interesting to see how, and if, things change.

/runs, hides :see_no_evil:

1 Like

So i can now legally smoke and or grow it in my own house. How do i get it if buying it is still illegal or is that now legal as well?

No, buying is still illegal so just like before don’t get caught. Luckily I’m not involved in the buying aspect of it all.

This doesn’t really change much though, the illegality of it has never really affected me negatively. If anything I might just feel a little less paranoid when I get high and I hear police sirens nearby. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I do also remember something about buying the seeds being legal? I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Seeds may vary country to country. But since its usually the THC that is controlled and seeds don’t contain any… Again, probably varies…

/opening a can’o’worms

Yeah - I’m still not about that life, homie.

Just the first step. Dispensaries will be the next step

And they’ll get robbed every second day

Will be like liquor stores I guess

1 Like

I was thinking, would their be laws against smoking weed and driving like there is against driving under the influence of alcohol?

3 Likes

Yep instant arrest if you drive under the influence

2 Likes

Yip. Pretty sure the ConCourt decision has zero impact on the driving laws. And the existing law covers driving under the influence of alcohol or a narcotic drug.

The term “drunken driving” refers to two different criminal charges, namely:

1. Driving while under the influence of an intoxicating liquor or drug having a narcotic effect; and
  2. Driving while the concentration of alcohol in your blood or breath is over the specified limit.
2 Likes

The problem is, there is no way to quickly and cheaply test whether someone is under the “influence” of cannabis.
Not sure how “the person looked high” is going to fly in court

3 Likes

Yeah there’s no way to test if someone is currently under the influence of marijuana.

I can’t really speak from first hand experience since I don’t drive, but from driving passanger seat with so many stoned drivers over the years they tend to be way more capable of controlling a vehicle than someone who is drunk. Alcohol and marijuana don’t affect you the same way. If anything stoned drivers tend to drive even more carefully than when sober. Of course I don’t expect that to apply to everyone and I’m not condoning driving under the influences of anything.

1 Like

Well there are urine tests. BUT it can’t test to what degree you are under the influence. Not like alcohol tests that can test to the degree of intoxication.

*Think I misread your post. I think you were referring to testing on the spot and getting result immediately