The Division 2

Also out recently, full details on the games Year 1 Content, Year 1 Pass, and Monetization.

Free Content “Episodes” and Specializations for everyone:

Year 1 Pass Content:

The Year 1 Pass is included with Gold and Ultimate Editions, but will be made available as a standalone purchase just after the game’s release. No indication of cost yet.

Full details of these and the monetization options and approach (which seems very fair and reasonable to me) here:

2 Likes

The only issue I had with the game was the sound glitches are still persisting. We played a fair few hours on Saturday, but forced ourselves to stop. This is my second must buy this year, but it will once again wait for a sale. I am skipping anthem for this, just because I am loving 1 and 2 is so much better already.
I didnt have any crashes, or anything like that during my play time at all. I loved the world they created especially the earieness of DC without people.

2 Likes

I came this close to buying this game today… but i’m still not completely sold on it. Who’s playing this weekend?

1 Like

I want to badly

But there is no way I can buy it right now. So I will be the one playing it alone in 6 months or so

2 Likes

Got it as a gift from a buddy that wants me to play with him. Sadly I am off on a conference soon, will only be able to play next Monday.

So it is downloaded and ready!

1 Like

So i pulled the trigger… will be starting my play through on Friday.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

So the first MEWbie to Level 3 creates a MEW Clan? And then post’s the clan name and info here for the rest of us to join when we reach Level 3? The more of us in the same clan the better it sounds like.

1 Like

That’s exactly what i wanted to do but unfortunately i don’t think clans are cross-platform. I’m 80% sure i read that they didn’t want to make any aspect of the game cross-platform. And you need a minimum of 4 to join your clan before you start building XP towards clan rewards etc…

I could be completely wrong… it’s been a long day

1 Like

Even with Eskom and their BS i managed to at least get a few hours in this weekend. Absolutely loving this game so far and thought i’d share a few short clips showing how awesome this game looks

2 Likes

Can someone please explain the resource meta game to me ? I get that you can takeover control points. They then need constant resources, which you can hand over and gain XP.

But do they self resupply ?
If I ignore them for long enough, will their resources whittle down to zero, so do I need to babysit all of them ?
What is the benefit that they provide ?

Also, I see the food and water a day components icons on map. Some are green and some red and some white. I assume red means that enemies benefit from them, and green means they are being collected by control point team. How do I secure white ones ?

What about stuff like steel and polycarbonates and other items needed for crafting. Is there a way to get them to spawn regularly and reliably ?

Also, Division 1 had a mechanism to merge greens to form blues, and blues to form purples, etc. Is that still a thing ?

I’ve never had issues gathering poly and steel. For the most part they drop from crates and boxes in the map. You can also get them from the control points after capturing it. The supply rooms sometimes have steel inside them. Also, if you get the Deconstruction perk from the quartermaster you’ll have a better chance of getting these mats from breaking down your gear, etc.

The frustrating thing for me is the fact that I don’t have much time to play. I love exploring but with my play time as it is I am tempted to rush main missions etc.

I must remain strong and just relax into the amazing gameplay.

1 Like

Shooooooooooooooooooooosh at least you get to play

With the whole eskom thing i only get about 2 hours of gameplay a day… It’s been a VERY slow grind so far but still fun

Friends of mine are already at max gear score (way too much time to play!) and they have this to say about end game:

1. There is always something to do both solo and group content
  2. Skill power has NO EFFECT on skills at all. Unlike Div 1. The damage, cooldown, radius etc of skills are not effected at all by skill power, which is horrible.
  3. Skills are affected by skill mods. To use these mods, you need x amount of skill power. In most cases these end game skill mods need more skill power than is achievable, which is frustrating
  4. So skill power is now a stat only used to determine if you are allowed to use high level skill mods. The advice is: dont throw your lower level skill mods away, you will need them
  5. The current meta is all DPS, people totally disregard items with skill power (predictably, as indicated above)
  6. Items with skill duration are needed to even come close to using a support build and in end game, skill based DPS is outperformed by DPS build by a factor of x3.
  7. In PVE, the assault rifle is king. Once again, the same mistake they made in Div1, no balancing of weapons end game.
2 Likes

So i finally finished to story and started my world tier grind. It’s really fun seeing the city change when you start unlocking the higher tiers. But i have to admit i kind of “cheated” (if you can call it that) by playing with a friend who’s already world tier 4 so any gear that dropped for him he gave to me which obviously helped my gear score a lot.

Just trying to get to 425/450 before WT5 releases on Friday.

1 Like

Did the exact same thing. Buddy of mine went through the whole grind in pieces through the world tiers, I ran with him in the street for an hour and walked away at gear score 442. We did the missions and bam, I am at WT4. Now I am trying to put together a build for challenging content that is NOT just rifle/AR and red stats on gear.

Sadly the game becomes so difficult on the most difficult setting that you have to play a build that melts NPCs with guns, skills are pretty useless.

Soloing is fun too and running “dungeons” in random groups is fun as well. Right now, though, it seems pointless when all the gear you have is going to become obsolete after Friday. It is like WoW expansion day all over again…

1 Like

My friend did the same thing where his build mostly focuses on Crit Damage/Crit Chance which allows him to absolutely destroy enemies. Also, since hitting level 30 i haven’t cared about gear stats at all because of how quickly I’ve received new items doing those WT missions.

I agree that there is absolutely no point in focusing on a specific build when you’re guaranteed to get higher gear so quickly. But so far i’ve liked playing as the demolitionist. The grenade launcher is really fun :smile: