The Division 2

On a German traders website, the Creative Director of Massive Entertainment, Julian Gerighty, has confirmed that The Division 2 is in development. The website doesn’t give too much information about when we will get to see any information, or when the game will be released, but good to know that the development has progressed to the point that they are at liberty to start talking about it.

The website is in German, but luckily Google translate can give us an idea of what is said here.

We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Engine that will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we’ve accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

There were more news to come as well. Julian Gerighty continues to talk to what they are planning for The Division in the future as well.

These will be 2 brand new Global Events; Include more Legendary difficulty missions and an Xbox One X update that will rediscover the beautiful and emblematic New York City with all its stunning details in both 4K and 1080p.
In addition, as of June 2018, players will also be able to play ‘Crests’, which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock The Division 2 rewards.

It’s safe to assume that more information and potential views on The Division 2 will be shown at E3 this year.

1 Like

Considering that the first title was such as massive commercial success and it was critically acclaimed it makes absolutely perfect sense they would want to further milk the cash cow

1 Like

Nice. Probably be released 2019.

Wonder if it will have the graphics we saw in the teaser trailers for the first one :stuck_out_tongue:

PC features and recommended specs:

Releases 15 March. Preorders available through UbiStore or Epic Games Store.

1 Like

Private beta starts tomorrow. Anyone get in yet?

Yep just got my email today, will download overnight and see how it is, if i have any invite keys left i can give to someone who wants

1 Like

PC Download seems to be around 41GB

1 Like

Let us know your impressions. I have more interest in this, and Anthem demo left me underwhelmed.

Private Beta Content

You are limited to one character during the testing phase, and this character cannot be deleted. At character creation, you are able to cycle through presets of customization features to randomize your Agent. Remember that character progression is capped at level seven during this period.

Two main missions are available—Grand Washington Hotel and Jefferson Trade Center—to offer a smaller piece of a much larger, compelling narrative we are telling from start to finish. You can access these missions from Odessa Sawyer and Alani Kelso, respectively.

As you explore D.C., five optional Side Missions will also be available for everyone who prefers to branch out from the main storyline:

• Empire Autumn Hotel
  • MLK Library Hostages
  • National Archives
  • Department of Justice
  • Bureau Headquarters

You will explore parts of seven named zones, each possessing a specific level range to indicate difficulty as you traverse the world:

• The White House—also serving as your Base of Operations in D.C.
  • Downtown East
  • The Federal Triangle
  • East Mall
  • Final Epiphany
  • The 1040
  • Dark Zone East—the largest of all three Dark Zones, players utilize long sightlines in over-grown governmental parks. You will acquire the DZ East introduction mission from Senait Ezera—the new Dark Zone NPC in the Base of Operations—after completing Jefferson Trade Center. Completing this intro-mission unlocks full access to the Dark Zone and its features.

In addition, a variety of Control Points, living world activities, and Conflict PVP await in the Private Beta.

We are excited to announce that the Private Beta will also feature a portion of The Division 2’s end game! After completing Jefferson Trade Center for the first time, you will gain access to an end-game mission that unlocks three level 30 characters on your account. Upon logging in with one of these characters, the end game mission will begin. Each character is equipped with a different Specialization, so feel free to find your favorite! Please note that this end game mission will be available starting on February 8 at 5 PM CET.

With all that being said, we have a few closing reminders!

• This beta phase is not under an NDA, so we encourage everyone to capture and share their experiences with the community.
  • This version of the game is not final and elements are subject to change.

(I’m guessing +1 hour on the CET times, because, you know, Africa doesn’t matter.)

1 Like

Woot I got the email as well.

Keen to try it out

1 Like

I also got the email yay me

now it tells me invite 3 friends but it just takes me back to the main page?

1 Like

Also got confused by that, but then noticed the bit above the link button says:

INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU STARTING FEBRUARY 6TH AT 6PM

Which I’m guessing means the link will only become active later tonight (“6PM” is presumably CET again, so at 7PM for us here)?

Edit: Yip, here we go…

2 Likes

Beta Invites are now available. BUT… (I like big buts, and I cannot lie!)

1. You can only send invites to people already on your Friends list
  2. You can only send invites to people who haven’t already been invited (either through the Beta programme itself, or by a different Friend before you)
  3. The invite key gets emailed to your friend, and there’s a long delay in them being processed at the moment
  4. The page where you need to make your invites (https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/beta) does not play nicely in Chrome, not at all. I managed to get it to load in Edge.
  5. Not been able to confirm definitively yet if the invites are platform specific or not. (As in, my invite was specifically for PC. Does that mean the friends I invite will get a key for PC too? I know it was in the past - Beo invited me to the The Crew 2 Beta, I got an invite to try the PS4 version.)

Going to create a thread similar to the recent EA/Origin one to collect UPlay / Ubisoft usernames for us.
Thread is here: Most Epic UPlay Ubisoft Community

With all that said… I have 3 Invitations for the Private Beta of Division 2 (on PC) available for anyone who wants them and hasn’t been invited. Make sure we’re UPlay Friends (I’m GregRedd there - invite me if we’re not) and reply here and let’s go save the free world on the weekend. Maybe. Time allowing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might like to be on that invite list… Maybe it treats me better than Anthem. Name on uPlay is the same as here, Steam, Origin and pretty much everywhere else. Except Battle.net.

2 Likes

Friend invite sent.
And Beta Invite sent. Let me know when you get it.

Firefox also did not want to show my Friends list, also had to use Edge

I also have one more invite to give away, if someone wants, just tune me

1 Like

Hoping they have a beta or demo on PS4.

Pretty sure I’ve seen PS people talking about the Beta on PS4. Did you apply for it?

Want me to try send you one of my invites to see if it gives you a key useable on PS? Or do you think it’ll work like The Crew 2 one you sent me that I couldn’t use on PC?

Yeah, I think that batch is PC only. It’s no problem, I’m not hyped to play it. Just would have been nice to get a sense of what it’s like. Though I’m sure it’s just more of The Division, just improved.

1 Like