The Formula 1 Fantasy League

I have been eyeing the official fantasy league for Formula 1 and decided to give it a try. Anybody else keen to join, use the link below.

I limited the entries to only 1 team per player, to make it more fun. Also, feel free to invite others!

@Oltman and @GregRedd did their “Great Minds Think Alike” duet again and landed up duplicating the MEW League. We’ve fixed things and opened the League up to allow the maximum of 3 teams to be entered per player. Get your teams entered! And feel free to share the link and invite others with pleasure.

Sign up and enter your three teams before the start of the race this weekend to get the biggest chance at a major points haul. Follow the link:

Or enter the League Code: C5UDWIAIQ07 here: F1 Fantasy Game

@aldyr you get a special tag :smiley:

3 Likes

MEW Fantasy Formula 1 League

Come create your 3 perfect F1 teams and enter them into the MEW League. Fame and fortune await the best team managers. Of course, they’re Fantasy fame and fortune because it is Fantasy F1. What won’t be fantasy though is the potential for trash talk and ridicule if you don’t manage your teams very well.

Sign up and enter your three teams before the start of the race this weekend to get the biggest chance at a major points haul. Follow the link:

Or enter the League Code: C5UDWIAIQ07 here: F1 Fantasy Game

How to play

1. It’s Free
    F1 Fantasy is free to play. Simply Login with your F1 account credentials or Register with F1.

2. Create up to 3 teams
    Each team consists of 5 drivers and 2 constructors. Stay within the cost cap of $100m. Give your team a name and then login using your F1 credentials or create a free F1 account when prompted.

3. DRS Boost
    Choose which driver will score double points. Pick one driver in your team to receive the DRS Boost. Any driver in your team can receive the DRS Boost which will double their score for that Grand Prix.

4. Chips
    F1 Teams constantly bring upgrades for their cars and chips can help power-up your team too. Each chip will suit different situations throughout the season. Whether it’s helping you to make wholesale changes to your line-up or giving one driver a huge x3 score multiplier there’s a chip that can help. There are six chips available, but each one can only be used once during the season and you can only use one per race, so choose carefully. More information about the different chips below.

5. Transfers
    Fine-tune your lineup for each race with transfers. You have 2 free transfers ahead of every race for each team that you manage. If you make more than the 2 transfers, each additional transfer will incur a 4 point penalty for your team. 1 unused free transfer will carry over to the next race. Carry over transfers must be used in the next race or they are lost.

What are Chips?

F1 Teams constantly bring upgrades for their cars and chips can help power-up your team too. Each chip will suit different situations throughout the season. Whether it’s helping you to make wholesale changes to your line-up or giving one driver a huge x3 score multiplier there’s a chip that can help. Choose wisely though - once you’ve chosen to use one of your chips that decision is final and cannot be cancelled.

When can I use chips?
There are 6 chips available in total and you can choose from 3 of these straightaway - these are Autopilot, Extra DRS Boost and No Negative. The remaining 3 will unlock for your team’s 2nd race. Each chip can only be used once during the season and you can only use one per race, so choose carefully.

What is the Autopilot chip?
Autopilot will change the DRS Boost selection and give it to the highest scoring driver in your team, if that turns out to be different to your original choice.

What is the Extra DRS Boost chip?
Play this chip to choose one driver to get a huge 3x multiplier on their score for the next Grand Prix weekend. You can select any driver in your team but if your choice already has the regular 2x DRS Boost you’ll have to give that to another driver.

What is the No Negative chip?
Thinking of going for a risky strategy this week? Use the No Negative chip and none of your drivers or constructor will score any negative points. You will still be deducted points for making more than the permitted number of free transfers.

What is the Wildcard chip?
The Wildcard chip let’s you make an unlimited number of changes to your team – staying within the cost cap, of course. The chip will remain active until the next team-lock deadline so you can come back and tinker with your line-up throughout. The Wildcard chip is not available for your first race because there is already no limit to the transfers at that can be made. This chip is available after your team has completed one whole race weekend.

What is the Limitless chip?
Limitless is like a turbocharged Wildcard. Play this chip and not only do you get unlimited transfers, you also have no cost cap for this race! Splash the cash a pick all the top drivers and teams for the next race and forget about the price tag. Your original team will be restored after the race. This chip is available after your team has completed one whole race weekend.

What is the Final Fix chip?
Use the Final Fix chip and make a single change to your team between the end of Qualifying and the start of the Grand Prix. You will not incur a penalty if you’ve already used all of your free transfers. You will keep the points already earned by the driver/team you remove from your team and only score points for the incoming selection from the next track session (Sprint or Race) onwards. This chip is available after your team has completed one whole race weekend.

4 Likes

LOL! Snap! Yours is better, scrapped mine.

You can rename your league to Win, from Winners

2 Likes

Fantasy games not your thing? Prefer a straight forward prediction game? We got you covered.

In addition to the official F1 Fantasy game, @Solitude is again hosting the Most Epic Win Predictor game on Superbru:

Join Most Epic Win, my F1 Predictor league on Superbru! You can find my pool here: https://www.superbru.com/f1/pool.php?p=12567026

And me too can like to host a Superbru Predictor game under the old Formula Fans banner:

Join Formula Fans F1, my F1 Predictor league on Superbru! You can find my pool here: https://www.superbru.com/f1/pool.php?p=12555657

Or, you know, all three - the F1 Fantasy Game and the two Superbru pools.

3 Likes

I hate you all…
But I joined :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno about superbru - I have never had luck I work to much on my heart not what is really happening

1 Like

Joined F1 Fantasy. I was playing all by myself last season :frowning:

2 Likes

Also joined the fantasy one, let’s see how long this lasts, for me that is.

3 Likes

Some of your team names have me scratching my head… Others dont :smiley:

These are my 3 teams:

5 Likes

Scratching your head? but why.

Here’s me

5 Likes

I tried to change a team name to “You wont have the drink” and it does not reflect on the list of teams… Boo!

2 Likes

I used my standard boring names to make mine thinking I could get creative and change them later… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Dammit now I can’t use that, I’ll be accused of not being original.
Also I will absolutely suck at these things, but I’ll join.

Aww, can’t use Sbinnala(should have known)

1 Like

3 Likes

I suspect mine is fairly obvious

A new challenger approaches:

My team names have a theme…

3 Likes

The Smooth Operators was also taken, that was going to be 3rd team, haha.

1 Like

I may have an agenda…

5 Likes

All the memes are taken :frowning:

2 Likes

No memes? FINE!
I’ll just be coloured…

5 Likes

That’s 3 winners right there!!

2 Likes