The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

The torpedo will also take out one of the mercs or even Gasly since he will have a crappy qualy

But only after Seb spins in clear air, and then moans for several laps trying to convince the team to get Leclerc to give up a 30 second lead so he can “maximise the result”. They finally get him to shut up by saying: “We are, Seb, we are…”

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

This is the stuff that matters. To hell with all that technical mumbo jumbo nonsense. I’m sorry to see that Seb has ditched the 'stache - I really wondered if he’d still look like a bad Mario or Luigi cosplayer?

2 Likes

I dunno but I was wondering how the frack his wife let him leave the house like that

2 Likes

Finally got rid of his damn moustache… maybe he will be less sad now.

3 Likes

Oh, the chaos… Here’s a brief summary for y’all.

• George Russell runs over a loose drain cover which destroys the floor of the car.
  • On the way back to the pits, the crane on the back of the truck smacks into a low bridge, and it leaks hydraulic fluid all over the unfortunate Williams.
  • FP1 has now officially been cancelled while every single drain cover on the circuit is checked. Renault says there are something like 300 of them.

This is farcical to say the least.

4 Likes

Every time on a street circuit they do not weld the drain covers down properly. How it hasn’t done more damage or bigger accidents.

2 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

It’s not the first time this has happened at Baku, and the Williams Team must be having some serious déjà vu…

https://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/f1-baku-williams-valtteri-bottas-drain-cover-061816
2016: Williams head of performance engineering Rob Smedley says that an incident that saw the Williams of Valtteri Bottas damaged by a drain cover in the pit lane in FP3 was “unacceptable.”

https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/26/baku-drain-cover-failure-not-acceptable-williams/
2019: Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams says it is “not acceptable” that a drain cover was able to seriously damage George Russell’s car during first practice at the Baku City Circuit.

“Unacceptable” and “farcical” are spot on descriptors. To add insult to it all, Baku and FOM signed a contract extension two days ago to keep the Azer GP there until 2023.

2 Likes

gr63
2 Likes

There are no curses in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men, for this stupidity.

2 Likes

2 Likes

FP2 is on, which is good news.

1 Like

Aaannnd another red flag; Stroll has whacked the barriers (again).

2 Likes

What a fuck up of a start to this weekend

1 Like