The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

Lewis slips up, Charles spins out and messes up everyone elseā€™s second runs, Checo takes pole with Fernando alongside him and Carlos behind. KMag starts P4! And a surprised as everyone else Gasly in P5.

Will the grid parade and podium shenanigans be any less cringeworthy than we all expect them to be? Will Torpedo George decide to claim another corner was his when it wasnā€™t, as he drives into the side of Max or Charles as they go past him by the third lap? Will the possibility of rain during the race make up for the lack of overtaking? Will the old master of rain racing, Fernando Alonso take the opportunity to claim his first GP win in a decade? Will Elon Musk become a F1 sponsor with Twitter or SpaceX or Tesla? So many questions, and we have to wait until 21:30 tomorrow night to find outā€¦

4 Likes

That would be a beautiful thing

2 Likes

Fffffs when Merc has a kak weekend and still both Mercs get past both Ferraris. :unamused:

4 Likes

Dude at least its not a papaya

That is all I have to say

It was a good race tho

2 Likes

lol yeah when I saw them drop back so hard I felt for you, when I typed my rant I had a feeling you would say that at least its better than them.

1 Like

Hahaha dude

I am heartbroken, last weekend was just a teaser

And I got hope

and now nopeā€¦

Last week also gave Ferrari hope and this week went poopy. But admittedly, McLarenā€™s hope was stronger than Ferrariā€™s one, at the same time though, the teams are a lot closer this season so dropping even a little bit can drop you from the points to 20th.

1 Like

Exactly, I mean in qualy you can see how close they actually are - top 15 was about 1 sec apart, that is blerry close, but there is just something about that mclaren that seems iffy, it feels like someone put some extra weight in it
At least the ferrari almost have speed :stuck_out_tongue: aka much more than some.

I still wanna know where Russell got his speed from.

And how the hell did Max do those times on those old tires

1 Like

Was that the longest DRS train yet? After DRS was enabled, from P6 to P18 were all within DRS range!

Also, K.Mag vs C.Lec was the best part of the whole race! Awesome battle! But the cherry was Max taking them both on the short main straight into T1.

@Wyvern - the saddest part of the whole weekend was Landoā€™s post qualy interview with Sky Sports :frowning:

2 Likes

I missed that interview so maybe its a good thing, I hate seeing a desolate lando

1 Like

Oh snap, glad I missed that!!!

1 Like

I mean, at least he did better with the surnames :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/iContrastF1/status/1655464942219440133?s=20

This tweet is actually a very good joke, the only problem is that it is easy to miss because of how small the writing on the steering LCD is.

In case you canā€™t zoom in enough to see, Iā€™ll post the punchline in the spoiler:

Maxā€™s steering wheel has been photoshopped to show the F1 game hacks that an an esport driver accidentally exposed on his live stream a while back.

2 Likes

Nee fok dai kak
That needs to stop now!

I am glad I missed that intro the guys really didnā€™t look that enthused about it.

Plus good grief did no one teach them to pronounce names?

2 Likes

Good ole DannyRic
https://twitter.com/AlphaTauriF1/status/1654573642116657152

1 Like

It seems like an obvious thing, but itā€™s almost never done for some reason. Iā€™ve heard much worse though xD

Also, Iā€™ve been spending too much time on r/formuladank

1 Like

yeah, and even directly related to this event, last yearā€™s Miami was way worse.

1 Like

Im still looking for the lando interview

I just wanna get my heart broken even more

Not sure if this one? also warning it plays twice. @oltman confirm if its this?

EDIT: Not this, its post race, Iā€™m blind.

1 Like