The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

Ah yes! Thanks for the reminder XD

1 Like

NO! Go away!

3 Likes

I have to agree, Merc and Ferrari not taking part ment less focus on them - where it would have ended up otherwise.

I found it interesting to see how badly that relation between Renault and Red Bull had deteriorated. The passion in the Haas team - I have actually decided to give Grosjean another chance, it shows how the races are won and lost behind the scenes more so than on track. I found that my dislike for Magnussen was not misplaced. My dislike for Ocon tho was. I was actually heart broken for him.

My heart broke all over again for the Force India team, I have maybe too high hopes for Leclerc. Redbull made it very obvious that Max is their golden boy - kinda felt even more so than when Vettel was there. I hope for their sake he matured over the break. Gasly has a hell of a lot to prove and shoulder as his teammate.

Im secretly hoping Renault kicks Redbull ass

That Mclaren pull up their socks. I was sad that Williams didnt take a bigger part but then again it might have to do with the Williams docu that was released. I feel for Claire Williams

And I do like Dani Ric even more now than before if that is even possible.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t watched the documentary yet, but even as a Ferrari fan, I would think itā€™s a good thing that the documentary focuses on the other teams more.

Also, Ha, I just took the personality test on Formula1.com and my result was Alain Prost. As a late bloomer to F1(I started in the Schumacher dominant era) Iā€™m not entirely sure how he was in his days but sounds like a good guy based on the description they gave.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed that documentary. Iā€™m not a particular fan of any 1 team or driver and it made me care a whole lot more about the other teams.

Some of those drivers are absolute whingers though

2 Likes

Prost was a machine; probably one of the smartest racers ever. There is no doubt he was very quick, but he didnā€™t have the natural speed of a Senna or Mansell. He did however have an amazing ability to think a race through, and manage engine / tyres / fuel better than anyone else, which meant he often picked up wins seemingly out of nowhere. A prime example is his 1986 championship win, which he grabbed from under the nose of Mansell in a Williams that was way faster for the whole season.

2 Likes

That was why he was called The Professor.

I loved his racing and personality off track.

1 Like

James Hunt

Youā€™re the F1 free spirit. You hark back to the days when the drivers were all good mates in the paddock, when power slides were the fastest way of getting round a circuit and when post-race partying wasnā€™t frowned upon. Youā€™ve got strong, passionate views which youā€™re not afraid to express, and you donā€™t suffer fools gladly.

1 Like

Iā€™m Kimi Raikkonen!

1 Like

Iā€™m also Kimi

2 Likes

Ha! Jelly!

1 Like

Dammit you all got ossim people

1 Like

You got Thor though

2 Likes

I also got Kimi

2 Likes

Sorry what? I canā€™t hear you over the slurping noises of my delicious ice cream.

2 Likes

James Hunt was awesome too. One of the most fearless racers ever.

1 Like

I um, got Lewis Hamilton.
Ill go shoot myself round back.

In other news im getting a semi knowing we get our first pre race write up of the season in a couple of days

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure Greg will be very flattered :blush:

2 Likes

Prost drove like a robot, but had the personality of a spoilt 5 year old until he retired and turned into a nice old Frenchman

1 Like

Nigel Mansell

Not for you the life of the F1 party animal. Youā€™re in bed at a reasonable hour, prefer 18 holes to lifting dumbbells, and when it comes to spending your cash, you keep it sensible. But while you may eschew the party lifestyle, that doesnā€™t mean that youā€™re not a hard-charger on the track. You like to grab a racing car by the scruff of the neck ā€“ although you have a tendency to make excuses when it all goes wrong.

1 Like