The Great Tour de SIGSTART (and Cape Town meetup)

I am trying, but some dipshits do not comment :stuck_out_tongue:
Murph is in if its a bit closer to the Northern Subs.

3 Likes

Another option - Great food, good beer

2 Likes

No, we can wait. This is how it seems to work. You go down to Cape Town and have a meetup. We get jealous and then proceed to organise a bigger meetup here in Joburg.

4 Likes

And create a fund to let me visit as well

3 Likes

So is this still happening?

2 Likes

Yes. Booking our accommodation tomorrow and will confirm details. Laptop battery low (3%)… be back later.

2 Likes

I doubt we’ll need a booking. I walk past the restaurant every day and it’s like a graveyard. With it being out of season I’d be surprised if there are 10 people in the restaurant on Sunday, especially with the upcoming cold front moving in.

Edit: I misread your message… See you’re booking accommodation.

3 Likes

OK… if all goes well we’ll have a sweet beach house in Big Bay for our stay in Cape Town.

That means we’ll be able to host a get-together and folks can kuier for cheaper, if they wish.

I have a bag of charcoal in the bakkie, I’ll buy some wood for the fireplace, we can get some meat, garlic bread, salads… Just add good company! :wink:

There’s also a gas stove if y’all want to cook something instead (like @Wyvern’s risotto!). Otherwise I’ll use it to make my family’s secret recipe for pap.

Tagging everyone one last time: @Murph, @Talentloos, @MalicE, @DohcWP, @Beo, @Nimatek, @Dragonic, @Snowbeast, @FarligOpptreden

Poll will close tomorrow evening when I get to Stellenbosh to give everyone a chance to plan their Sundays accordingly.

2 Likes

Big Bay is awesome! I currently stay there, but we’re moving to a bigger place end of the month. Luckily not far - in Bloubergstrand, a stone’s throw away from Ons Huisie restaurant.

If you’re talking about a beach HOUSE in Big Bay, it’s probably in La Paloma or Water’s Edge. The latter would be hellishly expensive though… So I’m leaning towards La Paloma. All the other places are either too far from the beach or not a house.

5 Likes

Look at you, talking like a Capie already! It’s surprising how quickly you become one with the locals when in Cape Town. Took me like 3 months or such as well.

I really am jealous, and wish I was still in Cape Town to join

4 Likes

Due to a conflation of factors, Saint’s Burgers has been veto’ed.

It’s a house party in Big Bay!

(We have to pay a breakage deposit, so no getting wild, y’all.)

https://goo.gl/maps/5x19vy7nrxayt28r6

2 Likes

What time will we start. what do you want me to bring?

And most importantly - does the place have dstv? (if this happens from 3ish onward ;P)

2 Likes

There is a TV :stuck_out_tongue: Haven’t checked for DStv, TBH. Probably!

Let’s start at 17h00.

I think Bring 'n Braai. Own drinks and meat. You don’t have to bring chairs and stuff, this place has.

I’ll supply some wors for folks who can’t get to the shops. We’ll also supply salads and garlic bread, rolls, and maybe some veggies.

OP updated.

2 Likes

Ok great - I might be a little late - I want to watch the F1 :stuck_out_tongue: (starts at 3 :P)

Let me know if you want me to make a potato salad or green salad (not that most of this group eats a green salad)

2 Likes

But will you guys actually get people to come in Cape Town?

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Yes, Discourse. Three emojis is a clear sentence.)

3 Likes

Yip, technically its 3000 words worth of sentence.

1 Like

Murph will not be attending - to short notice for him

2 Likes

Well we just signed a lease for the next year, so if anything we’ll be down here until 30 June 2020. We also have interest from a couple who want to rent our house in Centurion (where you picked up the cake), with the option to buy after 6 months…

6 Likes

Also tagging @Pr0fPyr0

1 Like