The Great Tour de SIGSTART (and Cape Town meetup)

My wife an I have embarked on a massive road trip around South Africa to test the country’s mobile networks for MyBroadband.

As I write this, we’re in Sedgefield and considering moving down here because wow is it beautiful!

I wouldn’t be able to survive long without fibre, though, so I think our current preference is Port Elizabeth which is beautiful and has fibre.

But I digress…

We’re heading to Oudtshoorn next and plan to be in Cape Town from 22 to 25 June. At this stage it looks like I’ll be free in the late afternoon and evening of 23 June (a Sunday).

This time, I’ll have car!

Cape Town people — let me you’re willing and able to hang out in the late afternoon/evening of 23 June, say where you’d prefer to meet up, and we’ll set something up!

UPDATE: New poll created. Old poll was 4 in favour Saint’s Burger Joint, 0 in favour of someplace else.

UPDATE 2: Due to poor communication and other silliness between the wife and I, I have to veto Saint’s Burgers, sadly :frowning:. It’s a house party from 17h00 in Big Bay!

We have rented a house near La Paloma for our stay in Cape Town. Here’s the Maps link:

https://goo.gl/maps/5x19vy7nrxayt28r6

Bring 'n Braai. Own drinks and meat. You don’t have to bring chairs and stuff, this place has.

I’ll supply some wors for folks who can’t get to the shops. We’ll also supply salads and garlic bread, rolls, and maybe some veggies.

Old Poll [poll type=regular results=always public=true name=Old]
  • Saint’s Burger Joint in Blouberg
  • Someplace else
[/] [poll ]
New poll [poll type=regular results=always public=true name=New]
  • House party at SIG’s (temporary) place in Big Bay (BYOB)
  • Saint’s Burger Joint in Blouberg
  • Either — Saint’s or a kuier at my house in Big Bay
  • I can’t make it
  • None of the above (I want something else)
[/] [poll ]
3 Likes

Sounds good to me, no idea where to meet up tho - what area are you guys gonna be staying at this time

2 Likes

We haven’t booked our accommodation yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Probably somewhere near(er) to town, though. Sea Point, Rondebosch, Obs, something like that.

2 Likes

Ok lets tag the idiots - @Murph, @Talentloos, @MalicE, @DohcWP, @Beo, @Nimatek not sure who else is in the cape

3 Likes

but the wind is shit

It’s much cheaper (and better) in the Blouberg area…

But fok man! We’re prepping for the big move end of the month and I’m flat fuck broke… T_T
I’ll have to see what the situation looks like closer to the time

2 Likes

That’s cool. I’ll take up wind- and kite surfing.

Sweet, I’ll add it to the search parameters.

2 Likes

Added a poll to the OP with @Wyvern’s suggestion in it.

2 Likes

Farlig if he is Cape Town?

2 Likes

Come test our cables. They are installed, but nobody knows when we will get anything. I think the farmers keep hitting them (at 6m height!!!)

3 Likes

@FarligOpptreden Wanna join us?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m also 100% broke XD, now it’s the second time I’m missing a meet up.

2 Likes

Im just as broke trust me :smiley: Luckily I worked yesterday so I am getting double pay for that on sat

2 Likes

Isn’t the great thing about Cape Town that there’s so much stuff to do that doesn’t cost money?

2 Likes

i stay pretty far unless you want to come visit me during working hours :face_with_raised_eyebrow:,

im pretty sure i am more broke than you at the moment.

2 Likes

But these eejits wont come up with ideas - aka they are bloody useless.

I would offer to cook as well - we just need to find a venue then - I can make a risotto or pasta and then you guys can bring your own drinks?

3 Likes

@SIGSTART, just move it back to Gauteng. We are the champions at organising these things.

6 Likes

Broke people battle!

4 Likes

That’s a plan. We could arrange a home-made dinner or bring 'n braaaaaaaai or something. Once we have our accommodation in Cape Town picked out I’ll let y’all know if they’ll allow us to have visitors (and how many).

Hehehe, we should definitely do another meet-up when I get back.

Or feel free to do one now. Just because I can’t be there is no reason not to have one :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll try my best to join. Saints is in my valley, literally walking distance from where I stay. And they’re great!

2 Likes

Keep me in the loop please, would be most epic to have a meetup :slight_smile:

3 Likes