The Great Tour de SIGSTART (and Cape Town meetup)

Shoh @SIGSTART your beard is sooooo beardy!

4 Likes

I was going to comment, how do geeks meet up and not have a device to take digital images.
Now I see you do.

Bunch of good looking peeps.

Nice to put a face to a screen name. I look similar to the person in my profile pic btw

6 Likes

I’m at the Truth Roastery on Buitenkant until about 12h00 if anyone happens to be around and wants to hang.

3 Likes

NO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR I love Truth coffee! That is such an awesome place hey

3 Likes

I was playing tour guide for a friend of mine from China and four of her friends on the weekend and the one girl desperately wanted to come to Truth.

In their Googlings* about Cape Town they came upon this ranking:

EDIT: Stupid, misconfigured Telegraph website. This image is meant to be in the preview…

I think Truth is awesome, but I had no idea it was world-renowned! Awesome!

* Yes, my Chinese friends Google. They attend a private college in Shanghai where they provide all their students with VPN access.

5 Likes

Truth is seriously amazing - a bit pricey for me, but still worth it once in a blue moon. Their coffee is normally very good

3 Likes

Here in Vredenburg when are you in Langebaan?

6…12

Sorry… Yesterday and today were mad. Got here today. Unfortunately our plans have been shaken up a little… I may be able to stop for a quick coffee in Vredenburg tomorrow or Friday afternoon. Would you be available?

A cool all I wanted to know afraid not those times.

1 Like

Got to hang out with @TechThief today over lunch. Great to meet you, man!

Pics or it didn’t happen you say?

Well if you insist…

8 Likes

Great to meet you guys too, if every you are in the area again, give me a shout :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks like beards are a must.

3 Likes

What areas in KZN are you planning on coming to?
Any other peeps from KZN here?

2 Likes

Woo KZN best province. Maybe.

3 Likes

You need a snor to score

3 Likes

We already came through KZN this quarter :frowning:. Sorry! It was an incredibly tight schedule because I had to get back for the MyBroadband Cloud Conference, so I didn’t arrange anything.

2 Likes

Next time sig the timeing was just bad lol.

Are you not a bit sick of being on the road?

1 Like

Salt Rock, baby! Lekker by die see!

If you need fast fibre and an ocean you can actually swim in, come talk me! :wink:

2 Likes

My productivity has taken a hit, so I’m starting to miss being able to just sit for 8-hours straight and graft.

Also gaming! When we’re not driving I’m trying to catch up on as much as possible, so my poor Switch hasn’t even been used this whole trip.

Still, I would do it again. As long as there’s a decent enough break to recover in-between.

3 Likes

@SIGSTART you do this for fun or because of business? Cause I have to say this is awesome dude💪

2 Likes