The Most Epic Game Of The Year Award 2020 nominations

The time has come. It is time for the first round of voting in our annual MEW GOTY awards. Here we will be voting for the Best Game to be released during this year.

Below is a list of 10 nominations. You can vote for as many of them as you want. The top 5 will progress to the final round of voting that will happen next week. Should you feel there is a game missing from the list that needs to be added, please feel free to discuss it in the comments below. The extra game with the most likes from the community will join the top 5 in the final round of voting.

Here is the poll:

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Crusader Kings 3
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Hades
  • Half-Life: Alyx
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • The Last of Us Part II

0 voters

1 Like

Edit: sorry I didn’t read the post the first time around properly.

Please can you add Nioh 2 to the list. It’s the only game this year I’ve spent over 200 hours on.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition should also be on there, for me at least.

I’ll vote for Animal Crossing and Hades so long though. Too soon to vote for Valhalla for me.

5 Likes

No problem. Put the games in a comment and if they get enough support from the rest of the community then they will be added to the final vote

4 Likes

Wow… I never played any of those. It I agree with @wlad, please add Nioh 2 to that list. Such a shame it was forgotten.

4 Likes

No love for Ori it seems… :frowning:

2 Likes

I still need to play both (Ori) games.
Are they completely kid friendly? My nephews are 3 and 6 and I’m always looking for something new to show them.

I’ve successfully turned them both into Zelda fans. The first thing the 3 year old says when he sees me is “Kan ek Link speel?”

2 Likes

I never played them so nope - I can’t vote for much in any case - 99% of the stuff mentioned I never played

1 Like

They definitely are from a thematic point of view. From a difficulty perspective, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it to kids. However, we all grew up in the brutal age of NES / SEGA / PC gaming, so I guess kids these days need the same punishment we had?

1 Like

Excellent thanks, yeah I help them most of the time when they play anyway.

1 Like

Maybe Watch Dogs Legion? Although I haven’t seen much chatter about it on MEW since it launched.

Also, where’s Cyberpunk? /runs away

2 Likes

Is it possible to add Maneater to the list, although I feel like I was the only one here that played it.

2 Likes

Star Wars: Squadrons or GTFO!

1 Like

Remember, each year we have the same conversations when it comes to GOTY votes. Nobody played all the games and thus declines to vote. I would honestly say go out and vote for the game then that you think we as a community should be giving the awards to.

3 Likes

I am quite fond of Nioh 2 as well. I think FF7 Remake is good enough to be here too.

5 Likes