The MotoGP Thread

It was amazing to watch the track and line dry while they hustled to switch tires and get back to track. And then watch those in soft slicks stick it out and push those last milliseconds out. Great fight for position.

2 Likes

How was the race? Worth tracking down some highlights?

1 Like

I was just gonna, ask the same thing, all i know is binder did not finish.

It looked to be a cracker! I is sad I missed it as my DStv (host) had a bit of an account issue. I tracked this down and looks like there were a lot incidents and excitement.

and

2 Likes

Thanks for those. Looks like it’ll be worthwhile finding a replay…

2 Likes

Also, can’t you watch past things on DStv, or is that only if you record it?

1 Like

I’m not sure if they put MotoGP on the CatchUp service. They do show repeats of the complete races a number of times over the next week or so. And also highlights videos.

In fact, I’ve just found that their highlights packages are available on the SuperSport website - don’t even need to register for them.

Motorsport Video | SuperSport

https://supersport.com/motorsport/motogp/video/
MotoGP | Portugal Grand Prix | Main Race | Highlights | SuperSport
Moto GP | Portugal Grand Prix | Moto2 | Highlights | SuperSport
MotoGP | Grand Prix of Portugal | Moto3 | Highlights | SuperSport

2 Likes

Ah that’s what it’s called.

Thanks, I’ll try keep an eye out.

2 Likes

Oh wow! Is that rain or an oil spill causing the crashes? Looks terrifying!

1 Like

I can only imagine it being oil as the track had dried up over the weekend I’m sure.

1 Like

Looking at it again looks to be light rain, and they still had slicks on.

1 Like

Yeah, it was a weird localised shower. They mention it in the highlights here:
https://supersport.com/motorsport/motogp/video/2cbccf7b-b55e-4149-9fa3-8b3c624ea077/moto_gp_portugal_grand_prix_moto2_highlights

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ouch! I felt that too!

2 Likes

Out of nowhere!

Presumably there’s some sort of term clause in the contract, and Suzuki haven’t officially withdrawn yet…

The Race speculates on what it means for Mir and Rins…

2 Likes

That is a shock, and I’m very surprised as not only are they competitive but they’ve been doing really well.

2 Likes
2 Likes

First official post from Suzuki. Men of few words it seems:

Save a click:

Team Suzuki Press Office – May 12.

Suzuki Motor Corporation is in discussions with Dorna regarding the possibility of ending its participation in MotoGP at the end of 2022.

Unfortunately, the current economical situation and the need to concentrate its effort on the big changes that the Automotive world is facing in these years, are forcing Suzuki to shift costs and human resources to develop new technologies.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our Suzuki Ecstar Team, to all those who have supported Suzuki’s motorcycle racing activities for many years and to all Suzuki fans who have given us their enthusiastic support.

2 Likes

Marquez going for more surgery after Italian GP.

2 Likes

This guy needs to stop now, one more fall will kill him if he isnt careful

1 Like