The Official MEW Home Improvement Topic

A dedicated space to share your home improvement pictures and progress of your projects.

6 Likes

Now we’re cooking with gas!

4 Likes

Now I want to watch that. Don’t think I’ve ever actually watched it through properly.

1 Like

So I wanted to share our lockdown room renovations and the progress as it goes. We wanted to do the whole white skirting boards with the grey walls but we had to do a lot of crack repairs and redo the inside window varnish first. This kind of idea…

images - 2020-05-14T115031.065

This is how the room looked originally, it was basically our spare room/washing room.

Then we started with revarnishing

And taped under the skirtings to not get paint on the carpet.

Polyfilled places

Started with the skirtings and discovered that one thin piece of tape wasn’t enough to protect the carpets from us messing :see_no_evil: so more plastic and tape was needed.

And this is where we are now. Doing layers on the skirtings while finishing polyfilling everywhere. Yes, more tape and plastic was needed :grinning:

Still lots more to do.

8 Likes

Very nice! What’s the plan for the room when you’re done?

2 Likes

Kids room :smiley:

4 Likes

Dun, dun, duuuuuuun! Congrats! :smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Did the news for a baby just break in the DIY topic? :joy: :joy: :joy:

Congrats!!!

3 Likes

Haha, seems so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Entity! Congrats !!! That is awesome! Let me know what you want painted on onesies :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just sliding that tiny bit of info into the conversation all smooth and gentle like!
That’s a definite home improvement right there! Congrats to you both! :baby:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot :blush::+1:

2 Likes

So update. This is where we are so far. Still doing final coats but almost done with the painting.

5 Likes

Loving the colour!

2 Likes

Painting done, plastic lifted.

And curtains

Now to put up that white crooked shelf

5 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Crooked shelf up and all cleaned

On the topic of the crooked shelf, does anyone have an idea of how I can get power up to it…neatly.

I was thinking something like this

images - 2020-06-05T201957.816

Kinda hide a cable coming from the roof down to the highest part of the shelf, in plain sight

4 Likes