The Official MEW Home Improvement Topic

Has anyone ever used those paint visualiser apps? I tried the dulux one but its a bit iffy.

I have not, normally just use swatches.

While in this topic, does anyone know how I can repair this without replacing the door?

Cropped image to allow for upload.

Just dont - pick at least a shade or 2 lighter than the app shows. Best is still try and narrow the choices down and do a sample - problem is you are gonna have to buy 1l of paint (at least that is the minimum we can get.)

We had a client who used it - it was the worst mistake ever, they had to repaint a whole building inside and out. . . .

1 Like

Repairing a door like that might not be worth it. Its a hollow door, you will spend ages trying to cut out the broken piece and repairs it, hide the new piece and then paint it again. Hollow core doors are cheap and to replace will be cheaper than repairing.

Then give the door away to someone whop might not have a door at all. :wink: Thats what I would have done.

3 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/2cheapN2awesomeness

Give these guys a call they might have a cheap old door

1 Like

What are the best tools or solutions to use to put things (pictures, paintings, mirrors, etc.) on walls?

It depends, for the most part just the usual things, hooks, screws all stuff that goes into the wall.

1 Like

lol okay, just wasn’t sure if there was some new magical tech or something :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish! I need something to get a nail into a wall but its resisting so I gave up

My dad has this hilti device. You put hilti nails in and bang it into the wall. Then you screw caps on the end and voila and you can also slide hooks on.

This is what the pins look like.
https://www.builders.co.za/Fasteners-Fixtures-%26-Security/Fasteners/Nails/Hilti-Short-Nail-Pins-(20mm)/p/000000000000007580?gclid=CjwKCAjwiaX8BRBZEiwAQQxGx_WZJUPJbl7tPxw9mVSnHv5Q-qx9djNyxzq5rA27xVSiv9-8CdhwvBoCY8QQAvD_BwE

https://www.builders.co.za/Fasteners-Fixtures-%26-Security/Fasteners/Nails/Hilti-Hook-Nails-(20mm)/p/000000000000007594?gclid=CjwKCAjwiaX8BRBZEiwAQQxGxyh_soS-uCYardL_8lAPCPLeg_6Kz62qbUImw0qHCow6hx12Yt1HZxoCItYQAvD_BwE

4 Likes

Cool thanks. Will give that a look.

1 Like

I was looking now, the hilti machine is about R350, yikes. But tools are expensive.

1 Like

Yeah, tools in general are expensive. I would love to have a workshop with a boat load of tools at my disposal but sadly I just don’t have the space for it. Even something simple like a drill, I have to consider of where I would store it.

2 Likes

Oh geez, I was wondering what those were! I got a bunch in a container full of drillbits when my neighbour moved… He didn’t give me the device though…

1 Like

wait WTF, this page exists? Oh prepare your asses for many pics of our new home and how we moving in!

4 Likes

They’re awesome, and when you want to paint you just pull them out fill the hole and you’re set. Or if you have to move no need to leave them behind.

I assume using a hammer isn’t recommended?

DO IT!!!

1 Like

I guess you could try. How good is your aim?

2 Likes

Judging by my bathroom floor, not that great…