The Official MEW Lockdown Bread Bake-off!

Here’s the proposition:

1. We work on a bread recipe to perfection. None of it counts, it is just practice.
  2. On the last day of the lockdown, everyone bakes and presents their loaves. (heh, pitch a loaf :poop:)
  3. We all win, because we all have bread. Participation is non-optional. :bread:

Or we could vote or something on looks. Kinda sucks we can’t all share.

You in?

• Yes
  • No
  • I want to eat some, but I’ll watch

0 voters

3 Likes

I dunno, I’m down to pitch a loaf

3 Likes

Unless there is a way of backing a cake on a stove top I am out I am afraid :frowning:

I am still trying to find a way to make frozen pizza with just a stove top/braai and a pan.

3 Likes

You can do a flat bread like naan or roti. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely! Or an icelandic flat bread. I really like those! You can do it @crzwaco

If anyone needs inspiration and likes anime, check out Yakitate Japan

2 Likes

Considering that I am gonna be baking that bread again, I am in.

I enjoyed that one I made cos no kneading.

3 Likes

Okay I went googling lets do this!

2 Likes

Woooot! Let’s do this!

Ok, quasi rules:
A) Join in any time you wish, just have something you’ll want to make for the finale at the end of the lockdown.
B) Practice as much or little as you want. Post what you, keep a secret what you want. Just have fun with it!
C) Bread good, have fun!

/me runs up the wall out of lockdown syndrome

And I wanna see reactions like this:

1 Like

Potbrood kan op die stoof gemaak word

2 Likes

How’s everyone’s recipes coming along? Or are you putting it off until the last minute like me?

Considering some people might be possibly needing some time to prepare for covid shedding stage 4, lets say entries should be posted between April 29th and May 1st inclusive, just to give people enough space to get ready for the minimal lessening of restrictions and get the bread made.

Happy Baking!

2 Likes

Hope you all have your dough rising right now (and that you didn’t use all your yeast to make pineapple or ginger beer)

1 Like

@Wyvern @z1oc @crzwaco @wenzdayz @Donisia - waiting on your entries!!

Here’s mine. Didn’t take many pics, but I ended up making burger buns today. Didn’t really do any baking until today, so they came out a little rough, but so far, looks like I’m winning! lol

2 Likes

Paleo brownies

2 Likes

You made a penis.

3 Likes

that was my moms work of art :rofl:

2 Likes

Those all look great!! How’d they taste?

1 Like

Really nice, they were dinner rolls, we made them to have with butternut soup with homegrown butternut :yum:

2 Likes