The Official TV & TV Series Thread

All I remember from the original movie, I was petrified :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Stranger Things (Season 4 - Volume 1)

Netflix | 27 May

IGN do a decent “Story So Far” summary of the first three seasons before you go demon hunting in the Upside Down for the fourth (and penultimate) time.

Volume 2 of Season 4 arrives on 1 July.

2 Likes

Pistols

Disney+ (FX) | 31 May

The story of a band of spotty, noisy, working-class kids with “no future,” who shook the boring, corrupt Establishment to its core, threatened to bring down the government and changed music and culture forever.

Based on the memoir of Steve Jones, the legendary Sex Pistols guitarist who helped usher in a punk revolution in Britain.

Directed by Danny Boyle. Stars Maisie Williams, Dylan Llewellyn, Louis Partridge, Ferdia Walsh-Peelo.

Six episode limited series streams on Disney+ (FX) from Tuesday, 31 May.

(Cannot find anything yet to be released on this crappy Disney+ search service.)

2 Likes

Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2)

**Disney+ | Fall :roll_eyes: 2022 **

It is time for the new Era. The ‘Bad Batch’ of elite and experimental clones make their way through an ever-changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone Wars.

Stars Ming-Na Wen, Dee Bradley Baker, Michelle Ang, Noshir Dalal, Liam O’Brien, Rhea Perlman.

Streaming on Disney+ sometime in late 2022.

https://www.apps.disneyplus.com/za/shows/star-wars-the-bad-batch/1260061829

1 Like
1 Like

That’s very cool. It’s the same people that worked with Obsidian on the voice tech for Outer Worlds.

2 Likes

I love that they did that, that they gave him his voice back.

1 Like

The Sandman

Netflix | 2022

(First Look Trailer)

(Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek)

The Lord of Dreams has been summoned, and captured, by mortal men. Once free from his captivity, this eternal ruler of Dreams will realize that his troubles are only just beginning.

Upon escaping after decades of imprisonment by a mortal wizard, Dream, the personification of dreams, sets about to reclaim his lost equipment.

Based on Neil Gaiman’s DC comic book series. He also acts as an Executive Producer for the series.

Stars Tom Sturridge, Boyd Holbrook, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Gwendoline Christie, Jenna Coleman, Patton Oswalt, David Thewlis, Charles Dance, Joely Richardson, Stephen Fry, Mason Alexander Park, Sanjeev Bhaskar.

Streams on Netflix in 2022 - aka coming soon™

Oooh, dis gonna be gud!!!

2 Likes

Ah snap, right in the feels!

That is flipping awesome though!

2 Likes

As someone who used to own most of the original Gaiman Sandman comics, I will certainly be watching this. His delve into dream/lore/mythology both modern and ancient is a feat of extraordinary creativity.

I also have to admit, when I was younger I had a SERIOUS crush on the comic character of death. Luckily I did not style my preferences for real world companionship on her though. The whole premise of Death in Gaiman’s universe is so very deep and sad and hopeful, all at the same time.

3 Likes

Locke & Key (Season 3)

Netflix | 10 August
(Teaser Trailer)

The past is always with us, you can try to run away but it’s always there. After their father is murdered under mysterious circumstances, the three Locke siblings and their mother move into their ancestral home, Keyhouse, which they discover is full of magical keys that may be connected to their father’s death.

Stars Darby Stanchfield, Connor Jessup, Emilia Jones, Jackson Robert Scott, Brendan Hines, Sherri Saum, Kevin Durand and Coby Bird.

The third and final season of Locke & Key streams on Netflix from 10 August.

1 Like

Wednesday

Netflix | TBC 2022
(Wednesday Reveal Teaser)

From the imagination of Tim Burton comes Wednesday—a twisted new series coming soon to Netflix. Wednesday is a sleuthing, supernaturally infused mystery charting Wednesday Addams’ years as a student at Nevermore Academy.

Follows Wednesday Addams’ years as a student, when she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart and solve the mystery that embroiled her parents.

Directed (mostly) by Tim Burton. Starring Jenna Ortega in the title role, Catherine Zeta-Jones (Morticia), Luis Guzmán (Gomez), Isaac Ordonez (Pugsly), with Gwendoline Christie, and Christina Ricci.

8 episode Season 1 streams on Netflix in the near future.

Love that Christina Ricci is coming back in an “unnamed” role

1 Like

Manifest (Season 4)

Netflix | Coming Soon™

(Sneak Peek)

Follow the calling. Manifest Season 4 coming soon, exclusively to Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80241318

Netflix has saved it! Manifest is coming back to be finished properly!!

2 Likes

More from Geeked Week Day 1:

Sandman

(Date Announcement)

(Official Teaser)

Resident Evil

(Official Trailer)

The Imperfects

(Official Teaser)

The Midnight Club

(Official Teaser)

Warrior Nun

(Season 2 Teaser)

Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities

(Official Teaser)

1 Like

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Netflix | September

(Official Teaser Trailer)

The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

Know More:

1 Like

More from Geeked Week Day 3 (Animation Day)

Entergalactic

(First Look)

Farzar

(Very NSFW Official Trailer)

Inside Job: Part 2

(First Look)

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

(Exclusive Clip - Maelstrom Gang)

1 Like
2 Likes

Ok so anyone who wants to try the Time travelers Wife, DON’T! Just don’t

1 Like

Oh dear. It’s on my holiday break binge list. Thought it looked okay in the trailer, and it was reviewing okay on IMDB at that point. What’s wrong with it?

1 Like

I read the book, the actor is decent, the lead actress is REALLY irritating. I just find her very condesending. I made it thru 3 episodes and gave up. The movie was better.