The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Cannot wait!
Edit: sorry, double post!

2 Likes

She (Jessica Biel) stars in Season 1 of The Sinner, and produces the following two seasons (iirc). That’s a great mystery/detective show, with a unique format. I do recommend it!

I will keep an eye out on Candy too.

2 Likes

She is one of my favourite Jessicas…

1 Like
2 Likes

I loved this, surprisingly it had my legs twitching watching it, old muscle memories.

2 Likes

cant remember if I shared this before, busy with season 2, so far season 1 still wins but the tension of 2 is getting better by each episode.

Love, Death + Robots (Volume 3)

Streams on Netflix - 20 May

Official Trailer

Emmy-winning animated anthology Love, Death + Robots returns with a third-volume executive produced by Tim Miller (Deadpool, Terminator: Dark Fate) and David Fincher (Mindhunter, Mank). Terror, imagination, and beauty combine in nine new episodes which stretch from uncovering an ancient evil to a comedic apocalypse, telling startling short stories of fantasy, horror, and science-fiction with trademark wit and visual invention.

Volume 3 of the brilliant animated anthology streams on Netflix from Friday, 20 May.

“They were mean to robots and then robots killed them. Aha ha ha!”

1 Like
3 Likes

Oooh. I can’t remember if I ever got round to watching Season 3. Was quite a while ago…

2 Likes

Ope. This just showed up on my recommended.

I might just have to give this a whirl (pronounced hwirl)

2 Likes

I’ve watched the first two episodes of the Pentaverate.

So far so good! But only I’m allowed to laugh at the Canadian stereotypes.

1 Like

I’m snot and trane, fecking hell This is Us just keeps doing it right. Second last episode…Im glad the story is ending but I am so happy as well.

1 Like

You’re glad but happy as well? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yea they could have pushed and dragged the story out so much, but they didnt. I love it when a show is planned properly and comes to a natural end.

1 Like

The Umbrella Academy (Season 3)

Netflix | 22 June

Back at the Academy, the Umbrellas clash with a new squad of Hargreeves siblings as a mysterious force begins to wreak havoc on the city.

Stars Elliot Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Justin H. Min, Colm Feore, Ritu Arya, Jordan Claire Robbins

Streams on Netflix from Wednesday, 22 June.

2 Likes

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Disney+ | 17 August

Jennifer Walters acquires Hulk-like qualities.

Stars Tatiana Maslany, Mark Ruffalo, Jameela Jamil, Tim Roth, Ginger Gonzaga, Josh Segarra.

Streams on Disney+ from Wednesday, 17 August

https://www.apps.disneyplus.com/za/studio/marvel/1260021091?content_type=CHANNEL

2 Likes

I will give she hulk a chance just because of tatiana

2 Likes

Agreed, she rocks, well used to. Will see if still has it.

2 Likes

I discovered Solar Opposites on D+ this week. It never appeared in my other suggestions, so I guess resetting a profile has its advantages.

As a fan of Rick & Morty, this certainly indulges my sometimes sick sense of animated humour!

1 Like

The Boys (Season 3 Official Trailer)

Prime Video | 3 June

It’s been a year of calm. Homelander’s subdued. Butcher works for the government, supervised by Hughie of all people. But both men itch to turn this peace and quiet into blood and bone. So when The Boys learn of a mysterious anti-Supe weapon, it sends them crashing into The Seven, starting a war, and chasing the legend of the first Superhero: Soldier Boy.

Stars Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr, Erin Moriarty, Dominique McElligott, Jessie T. Usher, Laz Alonso, Chace Crawford, Nathan Mitchell.

Season 3 streams on Prime Video from Friday, 3 June.

2 Likes