The Official TV & TV Series Thread

1 Like

Found this on Disney, which I recently got

Into season 2, I like it. All about sisterhood, personal growth, witches and magic :wink:

1 Like

Dude, you are late to the show :stuck_out_tongue: Its brilliant isnt it. Its one of my favourites and cant wait for the final season in June.

I am actually glad I missed this, I am hard pressed these days to find something I like in series that I have not seen yet.

1 Like

You are not alone in this, Im getting stuck trying to find something to watch.

I have found a weird love for all things true crime of late , so Im watching all those shows on Netflix and Disney

The Orville New Horizons

Disney+ (Starz) | 2 June

It’s good to be back. An exploratory ship from Earth faces intergalactic challenges 400 years in the future.

Stars Seth MacFarlane, Adrianne Palicki, Penny Johnson Jerald.

https://www.apps.disneyplus.com/za/shows/orville/15133

2 Likes

Man vs Bee

Netflix | 24 June

Bumbling dad Trevor tries to get the best of a cunning bee while house-sitting a posh mansion — but only unleashes more chaos in this comedy series. A man finds himself at war with a bee while housesitting a luxurious mansion. Who will win, and what irreparable damage will be done in the process?

Stars Rowan Atkinson, Daniel Fearn, Chizzy Akudolu, Aysha Kala, Jing Lusi.

Streams on Netflix from Friday, 24 June

2 Likes

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Disney+ | 27 May

The key to hunting Jedi is patience.

Limited season Streams on Disney+ from Friday, 27 May.

2 Likes

Andor

Disney+ | 31 August

Teaser Trailer for Andor - Prequel series to Star Wars’ ‘Rogue One’, following the adventures of Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion.

The “Andor” series will explore a new perspective from the Star Wars galaxy, focusing on Cassian Andor’s journey to discover the difference he can make. The series brings forward the tale of the burgeoning rebellion against the Empire and how people and planets became involved. It’s an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue where Cassian will embark on the path that is destined to turn him into a rebel hero.

Stars Diego Luna, Genevieve O’Reilly, Stellan Skarsgård, Adria Arjona, Denise Gough and Kyle Soller.

Streams on Disney+ from 31 August.

1 Like
2 Likes

That looks fantastic! A sequel to the film.

So glad that Warwick Davis is back in the same role - he’s the perfect Willow. Need to go see if the original movie is available on D+ now.

ETA: It is.

https://apps.disneyplus.com/za/movies/willow/1260044058

1 Like

All I remember from the original movie, I was petrified :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Stranger Things (Season 4 - Volume 1)

Netflix | 27 May

IGN do a decent “Story So Far” summary of the first three seasons before you go demon hunting in the Upside Down for the fourth (and penultimate) time.

Volume 2 of Season 4 arrives on 1 July.

2 Likes

Pistols

Disney+ (FX) | 31 May

The story of a band of spotty, noisy, working-class kids with “no future,” who shook the boring, corrupt Establishment to its core, threatened to bring down the government and changed music and culture forever.

Based on the memoir of Steve Jones, the legendary Sex Pistols guitarist who helped usher in a punk revolution in Britain.

Directed by Danny Boyle. Stars Maisie Williams, Dylan Llewellyn, Louis Partridge, Ferdia Walsh-Peelo.

Six episode limited series streams on Disney+ (FX) from Tuesday, 31 May.

(Cannot find anything yet to be released on this crappy Disney+ search service.)

2 Likes

Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Season 2)

**Disney+ | Fall :roll_eyes: 2022 **

It is time for the new Era. The ‘Bad Batch’ of elite and experimental clones make their way through an ever-changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone Wars.

Stars Ming-Na Wen, Dee Bradley Baker, Michelle Ang, Noshir Dalal, Liam O’Brien, Rhea Perlman.

Streaming on Disney+ sometime in late 2022.

https://www.apps.disneyplus.com/za/shows/star-wars-the-bad-batch/1260061829

1 Like
1 Like

That’s very cool. It’s the same people that worked with Obsidian on the voice tech for Outer Worlds.

2 Likes

I love that they did that, that they gave him his voice back.

1 Like

The Sandman

Netflix | 2022

(First Look Trailer)

(Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek)

The Lord of Dreams has been summoned, and captured, by mortal men. Once free from his captivity, this eternal ruler of Dreams will realize that his troubles are only just beginning.

Upon escaping after decades of imprisonment by a mortal wizard, Dream, the personification of dreams, sets about to reclaim his lost equipment.

Based on Neil Gaiman’s DC comic book series. He also acts as an Executive Producer for the series.

Stars Tom Sturridge, Boyd Holbrook, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Gwendoline Christie, Jenna Coleman, Patton Oswalt, David Thewlis, Charles Dance, Joely Richardson, Stephen Fry, Mason Alexander Park, Sanjeev Bhaskar.

Streams on Netflix in 2022 - aka coming soon™

Oooh, dis gonna be gud!!!

2 Likes

Ah snap, right in the feels!

That is flipping awesome though!

2 Likes