The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Andor

Disney+ | 21 September

Prequel series to Star Wars’ ‘Rogue One’. In an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue, Cassian will embark on the path that is destined to turn him into a Rebel hero. Tells the story of Rebel spy Cassian Andor’s formative years of the Rebellion.

Stars Diego Luna, Stellan Skarsgard, Genevieve O’Reilly, Forest Whitaker, Adria Arjona.

12-episode Season 1 streams on Disney+ from 21 September, beginning with first 3 episodes.

2 Likes

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Netflix | September

The series tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in Night City — a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he stays alive by becoming an Edgerunner — a mercenary outlaw also known as a Cyberpunk.

Studio Trigger is one of the best in anime, so we asked them to cut an anime trailer :fire::fire::fire: Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, is a 10-episode original anime by CDPR and Studio Trigger.

Streams on Netflix from Sepember.

1 Like

Netflix. :neutral_face:

https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81489818

Not a movie, but if you haven’t yet, check out Only Murders In The Building on Disney+. Second season is running now. Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez. Highly recommend.

1 Like

We just finished Only Murders up to the latest episode last night. We have both netflix and disney - just no dstv. At least with new shows disney almost behaves (when I pause it takes a few tries to get the bloody thing to pause and unpause again).

We are looking for more shows like only murders, or any proper crime drama, its mums favourite. And we are up to date on all the latest stuff unless something slipped passed me.

1 Like

Mrs Redd enjoyed Under the Banner of Heaven recently. Was on FX, but is now on Disney+.

Candy was also decent. Streamed on Hulu, don’t think it’s on Disney+.

I’m currently watching Black Bird and really liking it. It’s currently streaming on Apple TV+, with the last episode this Friday.

Was one of the last things that Ray Liotta was in before he passed away. No idea why the IMDb listing calls it Falcon’s Tale - must be an alternate name. There are falcons in the show, so it makes some sense.

All these are based on, or inspired by, real events and crimes.

1 Like

We watched Under the Banner of Heaven - because it was based on true crime and also watched Sweet Pray obey on Netflix which gives more background on the show.

Black Bird, I watched the first one, so now I am saving the rest for when its all done.

We also are watching the second season of Walker.

1 Like

Lost Ollie

Netflix | 24 August

When Ollie, a stuffed toy, awakens to discover himself in an unfamiliar place, he embarks on an epic journey to find his best friend Billy.

A patchwork rabbit with floppy ears and fuzzy memories embarks on an epic quest to find his best friend — the young boy he desperately loves.

Featuring the voices of Jonathan Groff, Tim Blake Nelson, and Mary J. Blige.
Starring Jake Johnson, Gina Rodriguez, and Kesler Talbot.

All episodes of the limited series stream on Netflix from Wednesday, 24 August.

1 Like

Cars on the Road

Disney+ | 8 September

Lightning and Mater are back! In series form. Lightning McQueen and Mater go on a cross-country road trip to see Mater’s sister.

Stars Larry the Cable Guy and Owen Wilson.

9 episodes stream on Disney+ from Thursday, 8 September.

1 Like

Fakes

Netflix | 2 September

This is the crazy story of two teenage best friends who accidentally build (and lose) one of the largest fake ID empires in North America. Teenage best friends Zoe and Becca set out to build their own fake ID empire, but when business starts booming, their life of crime gets way too real.

Stars Stars Mya Lowe, Devon Slack, Cameron Andres, Richard Harmon.

10-episodes stream on Netflix from 2 September.

1 Like

Wedding Season

Hulu | 8 September

The genre-busting series tells the story of Katie and Stefan who fall for each other at a wedding and begin an affair, despite Katie already having a fiancé. Two months later at Katie’s wedding, her new husband and his entire family are murdered. The police think Stefan did it. Stefan thinks Katie did it. And no one knows for sure what the truth is…

The series is an action-packed romp across the UK and the US as Katie and Stefan go on the run, all while trying to prove their innocence.

Stars Rosa Salazar, Gavin Drea, Jamie Michie, George Webster, Jade Harrison.

All 8 episodes scheduled to stream on Hulu from 8 September.

Rotten Tomatoes are using the incorrect image - that’s from a completely unrelated movie with the same title released earlier this year on Netflix.

1 Like

Tell Me Lies

Hulu | 7 September

You never forget your worst. Based off the best-selling novel.

“Tell Me Lies” follows a tumultuous but intoxicating relationship as it unfolds over the course of 8 years. When Lucy Albright and Stephen DeMarco meet at college, they are at that formative age when seemingly mundane choices lead the way to irrevocable consequences. Although their relationship begins like any typical campus romance, they quickly fall into an addictive entanglement that will permanently alter not only their lives, but the lives of everyone around them.

Stars Grace Van Patten, Jackson White, Alicia Crowder, Benjamin Wadsworth, Catherine Missal.

10-episode season streams on Hulu from 7 September.

1 Like

1 Like

Am I the only one who loves For all Mankind? Its such a brilliant show!

1 Like

I love it too, watching the final episode of S3 right now.

2 Likes

It was brilliant

1 Like

LOL, this should be a totally be a thing!

2 Likes

Let The Right One In

Showtime | 7 October

Inspired by the original hit Swedish novel and film, the series centers on Mark and his daughter Eleanor, whose lives were changed 10 years earlier when she was turned into a vampire.

The lives of Mark and his daughter, Eleanor, were forever changed 10 years earlier when she was turned into a vampire. As Eleanor is only able to go out at night, Mark does his best to provide her with the human blood she needs to stay alive.

Stars Demián Bichir, Anika Noni Rose, Grace Gummer, Madison Taylor Baez, Kevin Carroll, Ian Foreman and Jacob Buster.

Streams on Showtime from 7 October.

1 Like

Cobra Kai (Season 5)

Netflix | 9 September

As Terry leads Cobra Kai into a new regime, Daniel, Johnny and an old ally join forces in a battle that goes way beyond the mat.

Following the shocking results of the All Valley Tournament, Sensei Terry Silver is expanding the Cobra Kai empire and trying to make his “No Mercy” style of karate the only game in town. With Kreese behind bars and Johnny Lawrence setting karate aside to focus on repairing the damage he’s caused, Daniel LaRusso must call on an old friend for help.

Stars Ralph Macchio, William Zabka, Courtney Henggeler, Xolo Maridueña, Tanner Buchanan, Mary Mouser.

Streams on Netflix from 9 September.

1 Like

Wednesday

Netflix | Soon™

Follows Wednesday Addams’ years as a student, when she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, thwart and solve the mystery that embroiled her parents.

Directed (mostly) by Tim Burton.
Stars Jenna Ortega, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Luis Guzmán, Isaac Ordonez, with Gwendoline Christie and Christina Ricci.

8-episode Season 1 streams on Netflix soon.

2 Likes

My new favourite cooking show

2 Likes