The Official TV & TV Series Thread

I’ve somehow managed to watch Reacher season 1 three times now, twice on my own and once with my girlfriend, I really hope they make a next season soon.

3 Likes

I finished Stranger Things and am now watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :smiley:

3 Likes

Coming 2 September!!!

4 Likes

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Prime Video | 2 September

Epic drama set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth.

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness.

Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

Stars Morfydd Clark, Peter Mullan, Benjamin Walker, Nazanin Boniadi, Robert Aramayo, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Ismael Cruz Cordova, Trystan Gravelle.

Series premieres on Prime Video on 2 September.

3 Likes

Darn! You posted it while I was putting my whole thing together. I’m leaving it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

LOL! I would also leave it! Yours, as always, is way more informative!

3 Likes

I am actually enjoying Resident Evil on Netflix currently

2 Likes

Surface

Apple TV+ | 29 July

Set in high-end San Francisco, Surface, stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw, as Sophie, a woman who has suffered a traumatic head injury that has left her with extreme memory loss. As Sophie embarks on a quest to put the pieces of her life back together with the help of her husband and friends, she begins to question whether or not the truth she is told is in fact the truth she has lived. Through twists and turns and an unexpected love triangle, this sexy, elevated thriller asks: What if you woke up one day and didn’t know your own secrets?

Stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Christine Park, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Stephan James, Ari Graynor, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, François Arnaud, and Millie Brady.

8 Episode Series streams on Apple TV+ from Friday, 29 July.

1 Like

Paper Girls

Prime Video | 29 July

Erin, Mac, Tiffany, and KJ’s paper routes are disrupted on Hell Day, 1988, when they unknowingly travel through time. Season one follows the girls as they search for a way home to 1988. Along the way, they’ll meet members of two time traveling factions at war for control of the timestream, and come face to face with their own futures and grapple with how their lives turned out.

It’s the day after Halloween in 1988 when four young friends accidentally stumble into an intense time war and find themselves inexplicably transported to the year 2019. When they come face-to-face with their adult selves, each girl discovers her own strengths as together they try to find a way back to the past while saving the world of the future.

Stars Camryn Jones, Riley Lai Nelet, Sofia Rosinsky.

Streams on Prime Video from Friday, 29 July.

1 Like

House of the Dragon

HBO Max | 21 August

The story of the Targaryen civil war that took place about 300 years before events portrayed in “Game of Thrones.”

Stars Paddy Considine, Emma D’Arcy, Matt Smith, Steve Toussaint, Olivia Cooke

Download the House of the Dragon companion app here: App Campaign

10-episode Season 1 streams on HBO Max from Sunday, 21 August.

1 Like

The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 5)

Hulu | 14 September

In Season 5, June faces consequences for killing Commander Waterford while struggling to redefine her identity and purpose. The widowed Serena attempts to raise her profile in Toronto as Gilead’s influence creeps into Canada. Commander Lawrence works with Aunt Lydia as he tries to reform Gilead and rise in power. June, Luke, and Moira fight Gilead from a distance as they continue their mission to save and reunite with Hannah.

Stars Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski, Samira Wiley, Alexis Bledel.

Streams on Hulu from Wednesday, 14 September.

1 Like

A League of Thier Own

Prime Video | 12 August

Following the journey of the WWII All-American professional women’s baseball league players as they travel across a rapidly changing U.S.

Stars Abbi Jacobson, Chanté Adams, D’Arcy Carden, Roberta Colindrez, Gbemisola Ikumelo.

Streams on Prime Video from 12 August.

1 Like

This Fool

Hulu | 12 August

Inspired by the life and stand-up of star and co-creator Chris Estrada, “This Fool” is an irreverent, cinematic half-hour comedy set in working class South Central Los Angeles. The show centers around Julio Lopez, a 30-year-old who still lives at home, has been dating his girlfriend on and off since high school, and finds any excuse to avoid dealing with his own problems. Julio works at Hugs Not Thugs, a gang rehabilitation non-profit, where he butts heads with his older cousin Luis, an ex-gang member who just got out of prison and moved in with Julio and his family.

Julio Lopez, a punk-ass bitch with a heart of gold who goes out of his way to help everyone but himself.

Stars Chris Estrada, Frankie Quiñones, Laura Patalano, Michelle Ortiz, Julia Vera.

Streams on Hulu from 12 August.

1 Like

We just finished Ms Marvel tonight. A fun little series that really touches on a LOT of deeper topics, yet never gets too involved in it. I liked it a lot!

2 Likes

Bad Sisters

Apple TV+ | 19 August

A delicious blend of both dark comedy and thriller, “Bad Sisters” follows the lives of the Garvey sisters, who are bound together by the premature death of their parents and a promise to always protect one another.

The series stars Sharon Horgan, Anne-Marie Duff, Eva Birthistle, Sarah Greene and Eve Hewson, with Saise Ní Chuinn, Daryl McCormack, Claes Bang, Sarah Greene, and Brian Gleeson.

10 episodes stream on Apple TV+ from Friday, 19 August.

1 Like

Echoes

Netflix | 19 August

Echoes is a mystery thriller about two identical twins, Leni and Gina, who share a dangerous secret. Since they were children, Leni and Gina have secretly swapped lives, culminating in a double life as adults: they share two homes, two husbands, and a child but everything in their perfectly choreographed world is thrown into disarray when one of the sisters goes missing.

Identical twins Leni and Gina have secretly switched places for years. But when one sister disappears, both of their lives start to fall apart.

Stars Michelle Monaghan, Matt Bomer, Karen Robinson, Jonathan Tucker, Daniel Sunjata, Ali Stroker, Gable Swanlund, Rosanny Zayas, Michael O’Neill.

Limited series streams on Netflix from Friday, 19 August.

1 Like

Err, Quantum Leap reboot coming in September? Who knew?

3 Likes

Am watching Masterchef Australia. Don’t know if you’ve given this season a chance @Wyvern ?

1 Like

I tried, I really struggle with the new hosts, was it worth it?

I’m bingeing Lego Masters Australia. Absolutely love the show… Busy with Season 3 currently and will probably move over to the US flavour after finishing the Oz variant.

1 Like