The Official TV & TV Series Thread

this was quite good. really well done

2 Likes

Yeah I’m enjoying it as well. Evan Peters is a really good actor, damn. Only at Ep 6, but I’ll finish it this week.

2 Likes

The Last of Us

HBO Max | 2023

First official teaser for the upcoming HBO Max series based on the award winning game franchise.

Joel and Ellie, a pair connected through the harshness of the world they live in, are forced to endure brutal circumstances and ruthless killers on a trek across post-pandemic America.

20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed, Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal heartbreaking journey as they both must traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

Stars Pedro Pascal, Bella Ramsey, Gabriel Luna, Nick Offerman

10-episode series will stream on HBO Max in 2023.

1 Like

I am disappointed with Dahlmer, it was ok, not great, they could have made it a 6 episode series just by cutting out so much fluff

Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities

Netflix | 25 October

Unlock Your Fears with Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities. Guillermo del Toro - the master of horror - presents a collection of unprecedented and genre-defining stories that will challenge our traditional notions of horror.

Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities is an anthology of sinister stories, told by some of today’s most revered horror creators - including the directors of The Babadook, Splice, Mandy, and many more. Bizarre nightmares unfold in eight tales of terror in this visually stunning, spine-tingling horror collection curated by Guillermo del Toro.

Streams on Netflix over 8 episodes from 25 October.

For when you need a little horror on Halloween Night…:smiling_imp: I kakked myself just watching the trailer. In the daylight.

1 Like

For allmankind, watched 2 episodes and loving it so far, its almost like a space race version of halt and catch fire

2 Likes

Dude, it just gets better! Its one of my favourite ones

2 Likes

Absolutely, it is an amazing series!

2 Likes

Thirded! Brilliant show. And it gets better each season. Season 4 only began production in August so you’ve probably got a good couple of months to catch up before it airs. :rocket::new_moon:

1 Like
1 Like

As a long time Supernatural fan, I am liking this one. It is off to a good start :wink:

2 Likes

Same, altho I never got past season 5… But this is well done

1 Like

I’m keen on trying The Winchesters, I went all the way to S9 or something in Supernatural, when it was long past its best. Glad to hear it starts nicely.

I finished The Midnight Club. If you want a spooky but emotional, drama series, I think you’ll like it. Or if you liked Midnight Mass / The Haunting of Hill House.

2 Likes

Monarch = wanna be nashville, the cast doesnt pull you in, gave up after 2 episodes.
Quantum leap - its decent, its a more a background noise show
East New York - def gonna save up the episodes and watch it in a binge, the first one pulled me in completely
The rookie - back to being the rookie, its still good
Rookie Feds = skip it. The lead actress just works on my nerves
Transplant - Im still loving this show
The Resident - as sad as I am to admit it, its time to finish this off

1 Like

Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?

Netflix | 17 November

The year was 1996, and the cola wars were raging. Pepsi needed something huge to compete with Coke so they rolled out their biggest campaign ever: “Pepsi Stuff” It featured a soon-to-be infamous commercial that claimed for 7,000,000 Pepsi points you could win a Harrier Jet (one of the most advanced military jets of the time). Pepsi execs assumed the astronomical “price” of the military plane was set high enough to indicate it was a joke, but ambitious & cunning college student John Leonard saw it as a challenge. Enlisting the help (and funding) of mountaineering buddy Todd Hoffman, the 21-year old hashed out a plan to score the grandest prize of all. What ensues is an outrageous goose chase for the infamous Harrier Jet and a legal battle with Pepsi that changed advertising forever.

Docuseries streams on Netflix from 17 November.

1 Like

Netflix | 17 November

Immigrants on a steamship traveling from London to New York get caught up in a mysterious riddle after finding a second vessel adrift on the open sea.

On their journey across the vast and treacherous Atlantic Ocean, the passengers of the Kerberos encounter the biggest mystery of their lives. Welcome to 1899, a deeply immersive new series from the creators of Dark.

Starring: Emily Beecham, Aneurin Barnard, Andreas Pietschmann, Miguel Bernardeau, Maciej Musiał

8-episode series streams on Netflix from 17 November.

2 Likes

The Santa Clauses

Disney+ | 16 November

Scott Calvin is back! After being Santa Claus for nearly thirty years, he’s as jolly as ever. But as Christmas declines in popularity, so does his Santa magic. Scott struggles to keep up with the demands of the job, as well as being there for his family. Upon discovering there is a way to retire from his post, Scott considers stepping down as Santa Claus and finding a worthy successor so that he can become a better father and husband.

Scott Calvin is about to turn 65 and, realizing he can’t be Santa forever, sets out to find a suitable replacement Santa while preparing his family for a new adventure in life south of the pole.

Starring: Tim Allen, Elizabeth Mitchell, Elizabeth Allen-Dick, Devin Bright, Austin Kane.

Mini-series streams on Disney+ from 16 November with 2 episode premiere.

<<Still no way to find and link upcoming shows on D+. Pretend this is a real link.>>

1 Like

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (Season 3)

Prime Video | 21 December

Jack has gone Rogue. John Krasinski returns as the unwavering hero in Season 3 of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.

About Jack Ryan: When CIA analyst Jack Ryan stumbles upon a suspicious series of bank transfers his search for answers pulls him from the safety of his desk job and catapults him into a deadly game of cat and mouse throughout Europe and the Middle East, with a rising terrorist figurehead preparing for a massive attack against the US and her allies.

About Jack Ryan Season 2: After tracking a suspicious shipment in the Venezuelan jungle, Jack Ryan heads to South America to investigate. As Jack threatens to uncover a far-reaching conspiracy, the President of Venezuela launches a counter-attack that hits home, leading Jack on a mission spanning the US, UK, Russia, and Venezuela to unravel the President’s plot and bring stability to a country on the brink of chaos.

Starring: John Krasinski, Wendell Pierce, Noomi Rapace, Michael Kelly, Abbie Cornish.

Streams on Prime Video from 21 December.

1 Like

Yellowstone (Season 5)

Paramount | 13 November

Power has a price. What are the Duttons willing to pay?

Yellowstone is a drama series that follows the Dutton family, led by patriarch John Dutton (Kevin Costner). The Duttons control the largest contiguous ranch in the U.S. and must contend with constant attacks by land developers, clashes with an Indian reservation and conflict with America’s first national park.

Starring: Kevin Costner, Wes Bentley, Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, Cole Hauser.

Broadcast on Paramount from 13 November.

And the next prequel series, 1923 starring Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren, will start streaming the first of it’s planned two seasons on 18 December on Paramount+.

1 Like

1st season was amazing, 2nd season was ok, this new season looks like it will be on par with the 1st one

2 Likes