The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Echo 3

Apple Tv+ | 23 November

Echo 3, a new series about a brilliant scientist kidnapped in Colombia, and her brother and husband who will stop at nothing to bring her home. From Mark Boal, Academy-Award winning writer of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty.

Echo 3 is an action-packed thriller set in South America that follows Amber Chesborough, a brilliant young scientist who is the emotional heart of a small American family. When Amber goes missing along the Colombia-Venezuela border, her brother, and her husband – two men with deep military experience and complicated pasts – struggle to find her in a layered personal drama, set against the explosive backdrop of a secret war.

Echo 3 is based on the award-winning series “When Heroes Fly,” created by Omri Givon, and inspired by the eponymous novel by Amir Gutfreund.

Stars Jessica Ann Collins, Evans, Huisman, Martina Gusman, James Udom, Maria Del Rosario, Alejandro Furth, Juan Pablo Raba, and Bradley Whitford.

10-episode Season 1 starts streaming on Apple TV+ from Wednesday, 23 November.

1 Like

Blockbuster

Netflix | 3 November

Timmy Yoon is an analog dreamer living in a 5G world. And after learning he is operating the last Blockbuster Video in America, Timmy and his staff employees (including his long time crush, Eliza fight to stay relevant. The only way to succeed is to remind their community that they provide something big corporations can’t: human connection.

At the last remaining Blockbuster Video, a hardworking manager fights to keep his video store open and staff happy amid competition and complicated feelings.

Starring: Randall Park, Melissa Fumero, Tyler Alvarez, Madeleine Arthur, Olga Merediz.

All 10 Season 1 episodes stream on Netflix from Thursday, 3 November.

1 Like

Manifest (Season 4)

Netflix | 4 November

Ben Stone continues the search for his kidnapped daughter while mourning his wife. Meanwhile, the looming Death Date approaches, leaving the passengers scrambling for a chance at survival.

The fourth and final season picks up two years after the events of Season 3 and will be released in two 10-episode parts, which gives us hope there’s plenty of time left to see a satisfying conclusion to this journey.

Star Matt Long, Luna Blaise, Josh Dallas, Melissa Roxburgh, Ty Doran.

Part 1 of Season 4 (10 episodes) streams on Netflix from Friday, 4 November.

1 Like

Tulsa King

Paramount+ | 13 November

New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi, is released from prison after 25 years and exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Oklahoma; realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a crew.

Another new show from creator Taylor Sheridan, who has been on a multi-year winning streak, thanks to the success of his hit series “Yellowstone,” “Mayor of Kingstown,” and “1883.”

Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Andrea Savage, Martin Starr, Max Casella, Domenick Lombardozzi, Dashiell Connery, Tatiana Zappardino, Hartleigh Buwick.

Streams on Paramount+ from Sunday, 13 November.

1 Like

They cancelled Westworld before the last season!

It’s so sad. I love that show.

2 Likes

I also love Westworld. But I thought it was all wrapped up already. It lost some appeal by season 4.

2 Likes

Fleishman Is in Trouble

FX / Hulu Network | 17 November

Recently divorced 41-year-old Toby Fleishman dives into the brave new world of app-based dating with the kind of success he never had dating in his youth, before he got married at the tail end of medical school. But just at the start of his first summer of sexual freedom, his ex-wife Rachel disappears leaving him with 11-year-old Hannah and 9-year-old Solly and no hint of where she is or whether she plans to return. As he balances parenting, the return of old friends Libby and Seth, a potential promotion at the hospital that is a long time coming, and all the eligible women that Manhattan has to offer, he realizes that he’ll never be able to figure out what happened to Rachel until he can finally face what happened to their marriage in the first place.

Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Claire Danes, Lizzy Caplan, Adam Brody, Meara Mahoney-Gross.

8-episode miniseries streams on Hulu from 17 November.

1 Like

Our Universe

Netflix | 22 November

Narrated by Academy Award-winner Morgan Freeman, comes an epic tale 13.8 billion years in the making. Blending stunning wildlife footage with eye-popping cosmic special effects, this six-part series takes viewers on a fascinating adventure to explore the connections that drive our natural world. From the birth of the Sun to the birth of a sea turtle, Our Universe uses groundbreaking animation to dramatize the spectacular celestial forces that generated our solar system, while modern camera and CGI technology bring the audience up close and personal with some of the most iconic, charismatic animals on Earth.

6-episode documentary series streams on Netflix from 22 November.

If Morgan Freeman narrated the ingredients on my cereal box, with HD visuals, I’d watch it.

2 Likes

1923 (Official First Look Teaser)

Paramount+ | 19 December

A Yellowstone Origin Story: The Duttons face a new set of challenges in the early 20th century, including the rise of Western expansion, Prohibition, and the Great Depression.

It’s the dawn of a new era. 1923 arrives 19th December, on Paramount Plus.

Starring Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren, Marley Shelton, Robert Patrick.

Streams on Paramount+ from 19 December.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/1923

1 Like

Welcome to Chippendales

Hulu | 22 November

A sprawling true-crime saga, Welcome to Chippendales tells the outrageous story of Somen “Steve” Banerjee, an Indian immigrant who became the unlikely founder of the world’s greatest male-stripping empire—and let nothing stand in his way in the process.

Every dream has a dark side. The true origin story of Somen “Steve” Banerjee, an Indian American entrepreneur who started the stripper troupe, Chippendales.

Stars Kumail Nanjiani, Murray Bartlett, Annaleigh Ashford, Dan Stevens, Juliette Lewis, Zack Palmisano, Felix Rossi, Colin Seifert, Darren Lipari, Ren Burttet, Justin L. Wilson.

8-episode limited series streams on Hulu from Tuesday, 22 November.

Who knew the Chippendales had such a shady origin story? Some more true-crime for you and your mom @Wyvern?

1 Like

The Recruit

Netflix | 16 December

A fledgling lawyer at the CIA becomes enmeshed in dangerous international power politics when a former asset threatens to expose the nature of her long-term relationship with the agency unless they exonerate her of a serious crime.

A rookie lawyer at the CIA stumbles headlong into the dangerous world of international espionage when a former asset threatens to expose agency secrets.

Starring: Noah Centineo, Laura Haddock, Aarti Mann, Colton Dunn, Fivel Stewart.

All episodes stream on Netflix from 16 December.

1 Like

Slow Horses (Season 2)

Apple TV+ | 2 December

Top secret meets bottom of the barrel.

Slow Horses follows a team of British intelligence agents who serve in a dumping ground department of MI5 – Slough House. Oldman stars as Jackson Lamb, the brilliant but irascible leader of the spies who end up in Slough House due to their career-ending mistakes.

New Spies. New Threats. Same old Jackson Lamb. Slow Horses Season 2 premieres December 2, only on Apple TV+

Stars Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Chris Reilly, Rosalind Eleazar, Jonathan Pryce, Jack Lowden, and Olivia Cooke.

Season 2 streams on Apple TV+ from Friday, 2 December. All 6 episodes of Season 1 are currently available to stream.

The Brits seem to do these sort of dramas - spies, government conspiracies, crime - so well. I really enjoyed Season 1 of Slow Horses. If you’re keen on this sort of thing check out the two seasons of “The Capture” as well. It’s a BBC show that was co-produced by and released for streaming on Peacock. Both come with strong recommendations from Redd’s Reviews. :smiley:

1 Like

Letterkenny (Season 11)

Hulu | 26 December

I was browsing around the YouTubes the other day… when I found this wonderous news!

You can watch a new season of Letterkenny on Crave December 25th and on Hulu December 26th if you want to.

This comedy series showcases the antics of the residents of Letterkenny, a small rural community in Canada. Siblings Wayne and Katy run a small farm and produce stand, with Wayne’s friends Daryl and “Squirrely” Dan helping out. Many of the town’s inhabitants fall into one of several groups, which include the farmers, or “hicks,” the out-of-towners on the local hockey team, the local drug addicts and the “natives,” who are members of the local First Nation. “Letterkenny” began its life as a YouTube series called “Letterkenny Problems.”

Starring: Jared Keeso, Nathan Dales, Michelle Mylett, K Trevor Wilson, Dylan Playfair.

Season 11 streams on Hulu from 26 December.

2 Likes

The Last of Us

HBO Max | 15 January

Joel and Ellie must survive ruthless killers and monsters on a trek across America after an outbreak. Joel and Ellie, a pair connected through the harshness of the world they live in, are forced to endure brutal circumstances and ruthless killers on a trek across post-pandemic America.

20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed, Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal heartbreaking journey as they both must traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.

Starring Pedro Pascal, Bella Ramsey, Gabriel Luna, Nick Offerman.

10-episode mini-series streams on HBO Max fro 5 January.

1 Like

3 Likes

Paramount+ | 18 December

The Duttons face a new set of challenges in the early 20th century, including the rise of Western expansion, Prohibition, and the Great Depression.

Starring: Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren, Brandon Sklenar, Darren Mann, Michelle Randolph

Streams on Paramount+ from 18 December.

1 Like

is it wise to create a new tv series with 2 leads that are almost in their 80’s ! ? doesnt make sense.

1 Like

That’s a fair point. 1923 though is set to be a limited series - 2 seasons, 8 episodes each. And I think all of the main shooting has already been done for both seasons. It’s a sequel to 1883, which was a single season of 10 episodes only. Also, it’s not known if the two of them will actually be in every episode, or might be killed off before the end anyway.

1 Like

My sister had an old sickly cat. The vet gave her new “prescription” food. I teased her by saying “I hope you did not buy a very big bag…”

Are you suggesting a similar situation? :wink:

2 Likes

I am still sad that 1883 was a one season show - but not that sad, at least he isn’t pulling teeth with the stories.

This is by far one of my favourite of all time stories that has been told thusfar, from 1883, to Yellowstone, to 1923 that is coming as well as 6666

1 Like