The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Something along those lines :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That '90s Show

Netflix | 19 January

Welcome back to your favorite basement. Same Formans, new friends.

It’s 1995 and Leia Forman, daughter of Eric and Donna, is visiting her grandparents for the summer, where she bonds with a new generation of Point Place kids under the watchful eye of Kitty and the stern glare of Red.

Coming soon to Netflix. Dope.

Starring Kurtwood Smith, Debra Jo Rupp, Ashley Aufderheide, Mace Coronel, Maxwell Acee Donovan.

Streams on Netflix from 19 January.

Can’t say I’m entirely convinced, but I’ll give it a look.

3 Likes

Treason

Netflix | 26 December

When the past catches up with the newly appointed head of MI6, in the form of a Russian spy with whom he shares a complicated past, he is forced to question everything and everyone in his life.
Secrets, lies and diplomatic relationships will all come to light.

An M16’s deputy’s bright future takes a sharp turn after a reunion with a Russian spy forces him to question his entire life.

Starring: Olga Kurylenko, Oona Chaplin, Charlie Cox, Ciarán Hinds.

Limited series streams on Netflix from 26 December.

Looking forward to doing a post-Christmas Day binge of this. I’ve mentioned how much I enjoy British spy dramas.

2 Likes

Hunters (Season 2)

Prime Video | 13 January

After an accident derails their exploits in Europe, The Hunters must band back together to hunt down history’s most infamous Nazi—Adolf Hitler—who’s hiding in South America. Meanwhile, a look to the past reveals Meyer Offerman (Al Pacino) encountering a dangerous threat that could unravel his secret and expose his true identity, with explosive reverberations for our Hunters

Starring: Al Pacino, Logan Lerman, Jerrika Hinton, Josh Radnor, Kate Mulvany

The 2nd (and concluding) season of Hunters streams on Prime Video from 13 January.

It’s got Pacino. That alone makes it worth a watch.

1 Like

The Consultant

Prime Video | 24 February

The Consultant is a twisted comedic thriller series that explores the sinister relationship between boss and employee. When a new consultant, Regus Patoff (Christoph Waltz), is hired to improve the business at the App-based gaming company “CompWare,” employees experience new demands and challenges that puts everything into question… including their lives.

Stars Christoph Waltz, Nat Wolff, Brittany O’Grady,

Streams on Prime Video from 24 February.

It’s got Christoph Waltz. That alone also makes it worth a watch.

1 Like

Foundation (Season 2 Sneak Peek)

Apple TV+ | “Summer”

The Second Crisis begins Summer 2023.
Based on the award-winning novels by Isaac Asimov, Foundation chronicles a band of exiles on their monumental journey to save humanity and rebuild civilization amid the fall of the Galactic Empire.

Stars Jared Harris, Lee Pace, Lou Llobell, Leah Harvey, Laura Birn, Terrence Mann, Cassian Bilton, and Alfred Enoch.

Streams on Apple TV+ in US “Summer” and June/July on the rest of the planet.

Would have been so much better if I’d actually have posted the video the first time around… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeay!

2 Likes

Night Court

US Broadcast | 17 January

Unapologetically optimistic judge Abby Stone, the daughter of the late Harry Stone, follows in her father’s footsteps as she presides over the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court and tries to bring order to its crew of oddballs and cynics, most notably former night court prosecutor Dan Fielding.

Stars Melissa Rauch, John Larroquette, India de Beaufort, Lacretta, Kapil Talwalkar.

Broadcasts on NBC from 17 January.

2 Likes

Poker Face

Peacock | 26 January

Poker Face is a 10-episode “mystery-of-the-week” series following Charlie who has an extraordinary ability to determine when someone is lying. She hits the road with her Plymouth Barracuda and with every stop encounters a new cast of characters and strange crimes she can’t help but solve.

Stars Natasha Lyonne, Megan Suri, Colton Ryan.

10-episode Season 1 broadcasts/Streams on Peacock from 26 January.

1 Like

That 90’s Show

Netflix | 19 January

1 Like

Hmm, could be the saving grace!

1 Like

I see that The Last of Us has started and it is on ShowMax.

I’m interested in seeing how they do it. I know people make fun of the game, saying it’s more of a movie than a video game.

I’ve always disagreed with that, and feel that the game used subtle (but important) player interaction to become an effective narrative and interactive experience. This is especially true of the 2nd game.

So I am curious as to how it adapts to a passive format.

2 Likes

Just based on the response to Episode 1, I’d guess it’s adapted pretty well. :smiley:

Rotten Tomatoes:

IMDB:

metacritic:

2 Likes

The Mandalorian (Season 3)

Disney+ | 1 March

The journeys of the Mandalorian through the Star Wars galaxy continue. Once a lone bounty hunter, Din Djarin has reunited with Grogu. Meanwhile, the New Republic struggles to lead the galaxy away from its dark history. The Mandalorian will cross paths with old allies and make new enemies as he and Grogu continue their journey together.

https://www.apps.disneyplus.com/za/shows/the-mandalorian/1260021071

3 Likes

History of the World Part II

Hulu | 6 March

A sequel 40 years in the making, Mel Brooks’ History of the World PART II. A four-night event, streaming March 6 on Hulu. There is finally a sequel to the seminal Mel Brooks film, HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I, with each episode featuring a variety of sketches that take us through different periods of human history.

2 Likes

Lockwood & Co.

Netflix | 27 January

In London, where the most gifted teenage ghost-hunters venture nightly into perilous combat with deadly spirits, amidst the many corporate, adult-run agencies, one stands alone: independent of any commercial imperative or adult supervision – a tiny startup, run by two teenage boys and a newly arrived, supremely psychically gifted girl, a renegade trio destined to unravel a mystery that will change the course of history: Lockwood & Co.

Based on the YA books by Jonathan Stroud.

3 Likes

A part two? I’m shocked!

About bloody time :laughing:

2 Likes

It is a zombie genre, I detest zombie anything but… I will give the first episode a watch. I will see if the story/actors are of a quality to overcome my innate dislike of zombies.

3 Likes

Jonathan Stroud! Wow. The other day my brother and I were talking about Harry Potter, and how many other good fantasy authors should get movie adaptations. Stroud, and his Bartimaeus books was one we both loved.

I’ve not read Lockwood, but I’m now keen on this show.

2 Likes

@Wyvern will be happy alongside me :wink:

2 Likes