The Official TV & TV Series Thread

I loved the comics.
I loved the movie.
I will love the anime!

Scott Pilgrim! Anime! And the whole movie cast doing the voices!

3 Likes

Ja, this looks great, and I can’t wait for the uber fanboys to moan about it not following the source material again :smiley:

3 Likes

Fanbois can suck it. Any type of fanbois. You can still be a fan and not have to force your disgruntled opinions on everyone else.

3 Likes

White House Plumbers

HBOMax | 1 May

A five-part series that tells the true story of how Nixon’s own political saboteurs and Watergate masterminds, E. Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy, accidentally toppled the presidency they were trying to protect.

1 Like

Secret Invasion

Disney+ | 21 June

The Samuel L. Jackson-led Marvel series Secret Invasion takes over Disney+ on June 21. The series is set in the present day MCU and focuses on Jackson’s Nick Fury as he learns of a clandestine invasion of Earth by a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls.
Fury and Talos try to stop the Skrulls who have infiltrated the highest spheres of the Marvel Universe.

1 Like

Ahsoka

Disney+ | August

Warrior. Outcast. Rebel. Jedi. Ahsoka arrives August 2023.

Be still my beating lightsaber!

3 Likes

Fatal Attraction

Paramount+ | 30 April

Joshua Jackson (Dan Gallagher) and Lizzy Caplan (Alex Forrest) star in the Paramount+ Original series Fatal Attraction, a deep-dive reimagining of the classic psychosexual thriller and ‘80s cultural touchstone.
An affair threatens the lives of Dan Gallagher and his wife, Beth, in this reimagining of the 1987 movie, exploring marriage and infidelity through the lens of modern attitudes toward strong women, personality disorders and coercive control.

1 Like

The Diplomat

Netflix | 20 April

Amid an international crisis, a career diplomat juggles her new high-profile job as ambassador to the UK and her turbulent marriage to a political star.

Keri Russell is worth every screen moment she has.

1 Like

The Great (Season 3)

Hulu | 12 May

The Great is a satirical, comedic drama about the rise of Catherine the Great from outsider to the longest reigning female ruler in Russia’s history. A fictionalized, fun and anachronistic story of an idealistic, romantic young girl, who arrives in Russia for an arranged marriage to the mercurial Emperor Peter. Hoping for love and sunshine, she finds instead a dangerous, depraved, backward world that she resolves to change. All she has to do is kill her husband, beat the church, baffle the military and get the court onside.
What will Catherine and Peter risk to preserve the crown?

Huzzah!! Huzzah!! Huzzah!!

1 Like

The Continental: From the World of John Wick

Peacock | September

The three-part event will explore the origin behind the iconic hotel-for-assassins centerpiece of the John Wick universe through the eyes and actions of a young Winston Scott, as he’s dragged into the Hell-scape of 1970’s New York City to face a past he thought he’d left behind. Winston charts a deadly course through the hotel’s mysterious underworld in a harrowing attempt to seize the hotel where he will eventually take his future throne.
The Continental is a chain of hotels located all around the world that function as a neutral territory for members of the criminal underworld. They are frequented by many hitmen and notorious murderers.

1 Like

The Muppets Mayhem

Disney+ | 10 May

The Electric Mayhem Band is on a music-filled journey to record their first-ever studio album.

Rock on! Animal is my spirit Muppet! Like he says, “Ha, ha, ha, ha. Everybody watch!”

2 Likes

One two eat drum! Look at all the cameos!

Kinda reminds me of this video

2 Likes

The Penguin

Max | 2024

Academy Award nominee Colin Farrell is #ThePenguin.

The new Max Original Series from Matt Reeves and the next chapter in @TheBatman saga is now in production. Coming in 2024 to Max.

Max have been doing a lot of these teasers for things only happening in a year’s time as part of the rebranded Max unveiling - it’s daft. But Colin Farrell’s transformation in this is insane in the “that’s amazing!” way, so worth a quick share now.

2 Likes

Mrs. Davis

Peacock | 20 April

"Mrs. Davis” is the world’s most powerful Artificial Intelligence. Simone is the nun devoted to destroying Her. Who ya got?.
Sister Simone partners with her ex-boyfriend Wiley on a globe-spanning journey to destroy Mrs. Davis, a powerful artificial intelligence.

A timely reminder that we need people to keep the AI in check!

City on Fire

Apple TV+ | 12 May

An NYU student is shot in Central Park on the Fourth of July, 2003. Samantha Cicciaro is alone; there are no witnesses and very little physical evidence. Her friends’ band is playing her favorite downtown club but she leaves to meet someone, promising to return. She never does. As the crime against Samantha is investigated, she’s revealed to be the crucial connection between a series of mysterious citywide fires, the downtown music scene, and a wealthy uptown real estate family fraying under the strain of the many secrets they keep.

1 Like

The Clearing

Hulu | 24 May

A woman is forced to confront the nightmares of her past in order to stop a secret cult intent on gathering children to fulfil its master plan.

A gripping psychological thriller about a religious cult wreaking human havoc, blurring the lines between past and present, reality and nightmare.

1 Like

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Series 2)

Paramount+ | June 15

Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One explore new worlds around the galaxy on the U.S.S. Enterprise. A prequel to Star Trek: The Original Series, the show follows the crew of the USS Enterprise under Captain Christopher Pike.

Glad it’s back. A decent throwaway, escapist, bit of the Star Trek Expanded Universe that doesn’t take itself too seriously. And a trailer that uses The Postal Service’s Such Great Heights is an automatic plus in my book too.

1 Like

High Desert

Apple TV+ | 17 May

Private investigator. Public mess. "High Desert” follows Peggy, an on-again-off-again addict who decides to make a new start after the death of her beloved mother, with whom she lived in the small desert town of Yucca Valley, California, and makes a life-changing decision to become a private investigator.

https://apple.co/_HighDesert

1 Like

I honestly enjoy it much more than the rest of the current showings. Picard is trying to hard, and Discovery lost the plot with time travel - why do all shows that starts time travel always fail?

1 Like

Because most people (even the ones we think are idiots) have a mind that cannot quite reconcile the paradoxical nature of time travel. This causes a sense of anxiety that breaks the suspension of disbelief and ultimately makes us switch off anything that uses time travel.

Personally, even when the rationale behind it becomes plausible (multiple time streams), it still runs into my commonsense and I get switched off.

Just a theory.

2 Likes