The Official TV & TV Series Thread

Loki Season 2

Disney+ | 6 October

Loki, the God of Mischief, steps out of his brother’s shadow to embark on an adventure that takes place after the events of “Avengers: Endgame.”

Personally I really enjoyed Loki, and from all the spin-offs and stick-ons in the aftermath of the Infinity Saga, this is the only one that is really well done and hits just right.

2 Likes

The Continental: From the World of John Wick

Peacock | 22 September | Season 01 | 3-part miniseries

The three-part event will explore the origin behind the iconic hotel-for-assassins centerpiece of the John Wick universe through the eyes and actions of a young Winston Scott, as he’s dragged into the Hell-scape of 1970’s New York City to face a past he thought he’d left behind. Winston charts a deadly course through the hotel’s mysterious underworld in a harrowing attempt to seize the hotel where he will eventually take his future throne.

3 Likes

Spy Ops

Netflix | 8 September

Intelligence operatives from MI6 to the CIA share insider stories of spy craft, Cold War campaigns, and coups carried out by covert agents.

In this intense true crime series, intelligence operatives from MI6 to the CIA share insider stories of spy craft, Cold War campaigns, and coups carried out by covert agents. Featuring interviews with real officials, officers, and spies.

1 Like

The Winter King

MGM+ | 20 August | Season 1 | 10 Episodes

Epic Arthurian tale based on book trilogy by Bernard Cornwell (The Winter King, Enemy of God, Excalibur). A powerful warrior named Arthur Pendragon existed and ruled his people in the 6th century. Long before Britain was united, the land was a collection of warring factions and tribes. Arthur ruled during a critical time in the shaping of a nation and over centuries became the stuff of legend and myth.

A former warrior, now turned monk, tells the story of how Arthur became the lord of war despite the illegitimacy of his throne.

1 Like

Im to scared of these now, so many good books have been ruined

1 Like

I loved the book series by Cornwell. Will be interesting to see how it’s interpreted into a series.

With that in mind I should check out The Last Kingdom since that is also a Cornwell series that has been turned into a TV Series.

2 Likes

The Last Kingdom is excellent. And fairly faithful to the Cornwell stories. All five seasons are on Netflix together with the Seven Kings Must Die movie. Seriously binge worthy for a few weekends. But definitely only during “Adult TV Time”.

The IMDB Parents Guide for Violence/Gore lists it as: Severe - Each season gets progressively more gruesome with the actual acts of violence being seen onscreen more often rather than being quickly cut away. This is very noticeable from especially Season 3 when it moved to Netflix from the BBC.

2 Likes

The Other Black Girl

Hulu | 13 September | Season 1 | 10 Episodes

Nella, an editorial assistant, is often marginalized as the only black girl at her company, so she’s excited when Hazel is hired. As Hazel begins to rise, Nella discovers something sinister is going on at the company.

From executive producer Rashida Jones comes the new series, The Other Black Girl. Based on the New York Times bestseller by Zakiya Dalila Harris. Streaming Sept 13 on Hulu.

All 10 episodes are scheduled to release on 13 September.

1 Like

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Teaser)

Disney+ | 20 December | Season 1 | 8 Episodes

Percy Jackson & The Olympians tells the fantastical story of a 12-year-old modern demigod, Percy Jackson, who’s just coming to terms with his newfound supernatural powers when the sky god Zeus accuses him of stealing his master lightning bolt. Now Percy must trek across America to find it and restore order to Olympus.

Demigod Percy Jackson leads a quest across America to prevent a war among the Olympian gods.

Disney+ | More than you’d ever imagine (disneyplus.com)

1 Like

Still Up

Apple TV+ | 22 September

Still Up—a new comedy series about two people who are not sleeping together (or at all)—premieres September 22 on Apple TV+

1 Like

Who is Erin Carter?

Netflix | 24 August | Limited Series | 7 Episodes

Meet Erin - Mum, Wife, Teacher living the expat dream in Spain. Or so we think until a robbery in a supermarket reveals her to be a badass fighter! Erin is clearly not who she says she is but how far will she go to keep her true identity at bay?

1 Like

Life On Our Planet

Netflix | 2023 | Limited Series (?) | 8 Episodes

Life’s epic battle to conquer and survive on planet Earth. Today there are 20 million species on our planet, yet what we see is just a snapshot in time 99% of earth’s inhabitants are lost to our deep past. The story of what happened to these dynasties their rise and their fall is truly remarkable.

To understand life we must go back to the beginning. Narrated by Morgan Freeman, from executive producer Steven Spielberg and the Emmy Award-winning team behind Our Planet, this is the story of Life on Our Planet.

1 Like

Wilderness

Prime Video | 15 September | Mini-Series | 6 Episodes

Liv becomes the actress starring in Will’s bad dreams after she learns about his betrayal, and her heartbreak is swiftly followed by another emotion: fury. The couple embark on an American road trip Liv’s fantasized about since she was little, from the Grand Canyon on through Yosemite, before ending up with a hedonistic weekend in Las Vegas. For Will, it’s a chance to make amends; for Liv, it’s a very different prospect—a landscape where accidents happen all the time. The perfect place to get revenge.

1 Like

Bodies

Netflix | 19 October | Limited Series | 8 Episodes

Four detectives, living in four different eras, find the body of the same murder victim in London’s Whitechapel. They soon come to realise their investigations have them central to a mysterious conspiracy spanning over a 150 years.

This looks interesting.

1 Like

I started watching One Piece. It is super quirky but also a lot of fun!

What I did not know is that the show was shot in good old R of SA! I had my suspicions during the first episode, then felt stronger during the early credits with van der Merwes, Coetzees and Nkosis on the crew. And then the confirmation came with the SA stamp of cooperation at the very end.

2 Likes

It’s amusing hearing all the “trying hard to hide it” South African accents.

The Gold

Paramount+ | 14 September | Mini-Series | 6 Episodes

They were looking for £1 million. They found £26 million. Inspired by the biggest gold heist in Britain’s history, The Gold tells the story of the 1983 Brink’s Mat robbery that kicked off decades of investigation, corruption, arrests, and murder as the police tried to identify the criminals and recover the gold.

Frasier

Paramount+ | 12 October | Season 01 | 10 Episodes

Frasier is off to a different city with new challenges to face, new relationships to forge, and an old dream or two to finally fulfill. Frasier has re-entered the building.

1 Like

I thought he went over to the dark side.

2 Likes

Seen that a while ago. It’s a brilliant edit, and actually had me convinced that Dark Side Frasier is something I’d definitely have no problem watching.

1 Like