The Official Xbox Thread

I don’t particularly like the Xbox design, but that controller is tight. I wonder if it will be textured as well, really hope it does as it portrays.

1 Like
1 Like

May 2020’s Games with Gold have been announced:

3 Likes

This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:

• Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and Halo Infinite this Holiday
  • All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
  • The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
  • For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite , Wasteland 3 , Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator .
  • We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
  • We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.

It’s a lot – and that’s saying something in 2020, a year which could be summed up as “a lot.” With all this in mind, we set out to create new touchpoints to celebrate gaming and share what’s next with our global community.

Xbox 20/20

Starting with the May 7 episode of Inside Xbox, we will be showcasing what happens next in the world of Xbox, every month, which is why we’re calling it “Xbox 20/20.” These monthly moments will take place throughout the rest of the year and will be a way for us to engage, connect and celebrate with you about what’s in store for the next generation of gaming, including what’s next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for more details.

For the Xbox 20/20 May update, we will focus on giving you a first look at next-gen gameplay, trailers and sneak peeks from a wide variety of publishing partners and independent developers across the globe and industry, including Ubisoft’s recently announced Assassin’s Creed Valhalla , and hear from game creators about what they’re doing with their games on Xbox Series X.

How to join Xbox 20/20 on May 7

I hope you’ll join me at 8 a.m. PDT on May 7 for the next episode of Inside Xbox and the first moment of Xbox 20/20. You can tune-in on:

1 Like

In engine footage and gameplay from games all being developed and optimised for Series X

• Bright Memory Infinite (insane looking FPS with a surprise vehicle cameo at the end :slight_smile: )
  • Dirt 5 (multi-discipline racing game from CodeMasters)
  • Scorn (just a cinematic, but looks eerie AF, with serious HR Geiger & Alien vibes)
  • Chorus (space combat shooter, coming 2021)
  • EA Madden21 (next installment of the NFL franchise - nice retrospective of the game’s development through the years)
  • Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (looks like a ton of gruesome, bloody fun from Paradox)
  • Call of the Sea (mystery, adventure game, looks very good visually - love the art)
  • The Ascent (isometric co-op fighter?)
  • The Medium (psychological horror game, some good looking cinematics and visuals, no idea what the game play is like)
  • Scarlet Nexus (some seriously freaky plant/human/animal hybrid alien enemies in what looks like an otherwise okay fighter)
  • Second Extinction (Alien planet hunter, survival game, squad based)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (coming for XBsX and Win10, how many Yakuza games are there?)
  • Assassins Creed Valhalla (wasn’t much gameplay shown at all, what we did see looks as solid as all the more recent AC games have been)

4 Likes

While it is questionable what actually was gameplay and what was not, everything was looking rather impressive. I see this as rather a first reveal of games and possible fidelity, rather than true gameplay. We’ll probably see more info and other games from Xbox Studios in June/July as they stated in the presentation.

But I must say that Valhalla trailer is getting me all kinds of hyped.

3 Likes

MS just used this as a vehicle to maintain the next gen momentum advantage they currently have since sony is extremely quiet, To be honest all of these games dont have a true next gen sheen yet and could easily pass as current gen PS4 Pro/Xbox one X titles.

I do have a feeling however that MS is waiting on Sony to show some of their ps5 games and keeping all the Heavy Hitting first party/ ray tracing titles, for an inside Xbox to be released afterwards.

2 Likes

Those games all look incredible. I really hope Scorn is good. It looks amazing. And Bloodlines 2. Oh man.

3 Likes

Props to the Dev of Bright Memory. It’s no mean feat that the first featured game for the new Series X is a game developed by one person!

3 Likes

What? One person? That’s insane! It’s one of the best looking games that were showcased.

2 Likes

This may seem daft, but how on earth do you save content (clips or screenshots) from your profiles capture section on the web?

1 Like

Not daft at all… it’s always been a weird system.

You can view your captures on the Xbox Social site that has been recently updated - it’s still pretty useless though. You can view and comment on your stuff, and share it to your Activity stream, but not much else.

Login to your account on https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=socialtwistnav and head to Captures. (I only have a couple of pictures on mine, but assume video clips would be in the same place.)

I’ve also found some joy in the past using a 3rd party site called Xbox DVR site (I see it’s renamed itself to GamerDVR since I last used it).

It’s a public site, so anything you save and make public from your Xbox profile can be seen here. Here’s yours: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/beotekza/screenshots

ETA - I realise now that you’re probably asking how to save from the Xbox site, and I still don’t think you can. Probably the reason I found that Xbox DVR site in the first place…

2 Likes

I see now that Gamer DVR also has iOS and Google apps available. May make it even easier to do the Twitter/Instagram sharing thing that way, but haven’t done it myself, so can’t be sure…

2 Likes

Yeah, MS do some weird shit.

Yeah I remember being able to, and what’s worse is that on the official Xbox app this can be done by simply opening the pic and then tap-and-hold to save. But no controls for it within browser, at least not Firefox or Chrome.

Never heard of this, so thanka for the share.

3 Likes

The Xbox Games With Gold for June have been announced:

On Xbox One, rescue Sequin Land once more in the ridiculously fun platformer Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse and fix your customers a drink in the engaging Coffee Talk. On the Xbox 360, and Xbox One (via Backward Compatibility), invade the Earth in the sci-fi madcap adventure Destroy All Humans! and challenge your reflexes in the fast-paced shooter Sine Mora.
Xbox.com

3 Likes

Just saw that NBA 2k20 is R44 on the Xbox site. so i went ahead and purchased it for that price

2 Likes

Madness, that game is a travesty.

link plox?

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes