The Official Xbox Thread

2 Likes

When do you guys decide that you need a new controller?

I am noticing some drift on my joysticks, not to mention other forms of wear-and-tear. But new controller is so darned expensive.

1 Like

I keep buying limited edition controllers that i dont use :laughing:

1 Like

Our one Xbox One controller started drifting left. Followed a Youtube video and opened up the controller this morning. Fiddled around a bit and tested it and it seems to have fixed the issue, more likely opening it up and spraying some compressed air cleaned out the dirt.

1 Like

Hmm… worth a shot, I have some Q20 that’ll have to do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

DO NOT USE Q20

Okay, got the main point across, I’ll turn off caps now. I know we all love the engineering joke about “if it’s moving but shouldn’t, duct tape. If it’s not moving but should, Q20.” but in reality Q20 is not nearly as universal a tool as most of us would think. It’s not a lubricant, but rather a penetrating oil, for use when parts have nearly seized together. It does provide some lubrication, but very little, and especially not for plastic parts - it actually melts the surface of some plastics, binding the parts together.

Use a silicon based lubricant like Lectro Kleen in stead.

5 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

the one limited edition controller im going to pass on, not for me

2 Likes

Dunno what ya mean, it’s sexy af.

2 Likes

I mean at least it’s not the pizza scented controller.

2 Likes

The ongoing FTC vs Microsoft hearings have delivered a hugely detailed leak of Xbox’ plans for a mid-generation refresh for the Series S and X consoles, and the launch of a new universal controller next year.

2024 Xbox Hardware Launch Timeline

Sebile - The New Xbox Universal Controller

The new controller, codenamed “Sebile” will launch in June 2024 at $70. The two tone controller will feature Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity, accelerometer, and gyroscope, VCA haptics that double as speakers, and will launch with a new mobile app feature to aid in seamless pairing with any device that can play or stream Xbox games.

Ellewood - The Series S Re-Refresh

Despite having just been “refreshed”, the Series S console gets another update in August next year. Ellewood looks like it includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth improvements, a more sustainable housing, and now includes the new Sebile controller. It will launch at the same current Series S MRP of $299

Brooklin - The Series X Refresh

By far the biggest change is coming to the Series X console. The new 2TB all digital console looks to be redesigned into a cylindrical shell. In addition to the same updated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and new controller as the Series S, the new Series X also has a USB-C front port and reduced power draw. It will launch priced at $499.

More details and tech specs pulled from the Xbox presentation by The Verge and Windows Central:

2 Likes

Grabbed avengers definitive edition (even though i already own the vanilla one on PS) for R89 before its delisting

1 Like

Darn good deal!

For the PC bros, it’s just R53.50 on Steam until Friday as well…

Definately on my to get list :heart_eyes: Limited Gold shadow controller

2 Likes

Xbox starting their end of year holiday marketing campaign with a long form live action promo video:

So, fellow Xbox owners, I have the Xbox Series S. It’s a great little machine for the living room, considering that I primarily game on PC. I found myself running out of space on the xbox too easily, especially with larger games like Forza and Starfield sitting on there.
The fast non-usb storage seems to be very difficult to find locally. Does anyone have either a local source for them that is reasonably priced, or an alternative solution?

1 Like

This is the last controller im buying, this controller obsession is getting expensive

2 Likes

At least I’ll know where to go when I need a replacement.