The Official Xbox Thread

Hey, 500 posts.

Anyway, I came to bitch again. I really dislike that the profiles keep not only your most recent game, but everyone’s. Like my son will play Minecraft, then that means that is then the primary (or first) tile on my dashboard.

1 Like

Yeah I also don’t like that.

After 4 years the thumbsticks on my xbox controller has become pretty worn out, decided to replace it with metal alternatives

3 Likes

Black Friday sale is on:

2 Likes

I just discovered this and didn’t even realise Xbox All Access was a thing.

1 Like

Power On: The Story of Xbox

Four gamers, one idea and a billion-dollar bet.

Xbox almost didn’t happen. Find out why in this behind-the-scenes, six-part series that takes you back to the scrappy beginnings of Microsoft’s video game console. It’s the untold story of the people behind the box, glitches and all.

Premiering 13 December 2021.

1 Like

It’s been around for a while now, in one form or another. Initial only available in the US, then the UK, Australia and New Zealand. They added more countries to the All Access list to coincide with the launch of the Series S|X consoles last year. But nothing more since. I doubt we’ll see it launched here. I mean, we don’t even have access to the Microsoft Rewards programme yet.

Xbox All Access Availability:

• Australia at Telstra
  • Canada at EB Games
  • Denmark at Elgiganten
  • Finland at Gigantti
  • France at FNAC
  • Italy at GameStop
  • New Zealand at Spark
  • Norway at Elkjøp
  • Poland at Media Expert
  • South Korea at SK Telecom
  • Sweden at Elgiganten
  • UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
  • United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart
2 Likes

Find it so strange. Switched off the Xbox today before we went out and upon returning, turned on the Xbox and to my surprise, I had no profiles. I had two options, add new profile or skip.

To make matters even more confusing, all the content was still there but without any profiles. So it was like it had been factory reset as I not only had to set up my profiles, but had to specify the region and time zone too.

Upon adding my profile, I was then able to open any games associated to other accounts that were previously setup (not currently set up). When launching anything I also get the “getting your app ready” screen before the app/game launches. Oh, and it had to update some system services too.

2 Likes

Every app/game I load since the above now says “getting your app ready” as though it were being launched for the first time.

Such a weird thing. Have you done the Google thing to see if anyone else has experienced similar? I mean, it’s unusual but you can’t be the only one to have had this issue.

Yeah, I’ve found a few posts where others describe similar scenarios but none of which appear to be resolved. Also, nothing of recent which tells me it wasn’t an update, latest one I found was about a year ago.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yet Deathloop isn’t available on Xbox is it? Or is it one of those timed exclusive things?

1 Like

Deathloop was created by Bethesda which is owned by Microsoft. Before Microsoft bought Bethesda, Sony bought a 1 year exclusivity deal for Deathloop and Microsoft honoured that. So once the 1 year is over it will release straight onto Game Pass.

2 Likes

Oh nice, I was not aware of the exclusivity, thanks for elaborating.

1 Like

Has anyone used the Xbox Design Lab to create their own controller?

Thinking of getting my son a custom one for Christmas and wondering if they deliver to SA and if it may arrive on time. Everything is in dollars.

Edit: Doesn’t appear that way:

1 Like

Are we really surprised that they dont ship here?

2 Likes

None in the least.

The six-part documentary Power On: The Story of Xbox is now available on the Xbox YouTube Channel. Have watched the first part, and it’s very good.

Not sure if YT playlists embed properly for everyone. In case it doesn’t: Power On: The Story of Xbox - YouTube

4 Likes

I enjoyed that binged all 6 episodes last night

3 Likes