The Old Games Made Better Award 2020 nominations

The time has come. It is time for the first round of voting in our annual MEW GOTY awards. Here we will be voting for the best Remaster or Remake to be released in 2020.

Below is a list of 10 nominations. You can vote for as many of them as you want. The top 5 will progress to the final round of voting that will happen next week. Should you feel there is a game missing from the list that needs to be added, please feel free to discuss it in the comments below. The extra game with the most likes from the community will join the top 5 in the final round of voting.

Here is the poll:

• Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition
  • Black Mesa
  • Command & Conquer Remastered Collection
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo 3
  • Mafia II: Definitive Edition
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

0 voters

2 Likes

Some love for Xenoblade . Yay! :heart:

Shouldn’t it be Mafia Definitive Edition and not Mafia 2? Mafia 2 remaster is terrible.

3 Likes

No Man’s Sky is basically a remake :rofl:

2 Likes

Black Mesa is such a wonderful exception. It’s a remake by any definition… except it’s not made by Valve themselves.

I saw that Age of Empires 3 is quite controversial on Steam. It warms my heart to see a good number of dissenting opinions on MEW.

@DieGrootHammer I think Mafia II: Definitive Edition should rather be just Mafia: Definitive Edition as it was the original that got the remaster. II and III only got a high res treatment.

3 Likes

Agreed. And they are both terrible. Mafia II remaster runs like ass.

Mafia Definitive Edition is actually pretty damn good.

4 Likes