The right way to cut a toast

We’ve had how you write an ‘X’ not lets find out what is the correct way to cut a toast.

I’m happy with both 1 and 3

0 voters

2 Likes

What kind of animal cuts it like Number 3?

4 Likes

You don’t cut toast

6 Likes

Any way you dam well please.

I do option 2 if I make a sammich, either closed or open. If it’s just a slice with a spread, it’s 1.

Option 1 if its just toast with marmite

Option 4 the X aka triangles, for when I make grilled cheese

1 Like

Any other way is just wrong

2 Likes

Option 1 if it is for a snackwich while option 2 I suppose is acceptable if you’re packing lunch for later. Most of the time though, I simply don’t cut it. That said, I’m eating only healthy breads these days so they are slightly smaller than the normal breads.

You’re going into sandwich territory, we’re talking about a humble slice of toast.

I honestly believe that the rules for cutting sandwiches (as in two slices of bread with a filling of sorts) differ from a single piece of bread.

Side note, the “open sandwich” is not a sandwich, because it requires utensils and fail to sandwich anything.

2 Likes

Definitely nr 1 or 2. I would also like to know what savage cuts their toast like number 3!

1 Like

gotta agree with @TechThief. You don’t cut a single piece of toast. that just makes a mess of crumbs everywhere for no reason other than you clearly have time and energy to waste :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t dip an uncut slice of toast in my soup

3 Likes

You get people who make marmite and cheese toasted sandwiches and dip it in tea or coffee, letting a cheesy, salty, crumby mush form at the base of the mug or cup, after which they eat it with a teaspoon. It sounds exactly as gross as I described there. I know a person who does just that…

2 Likes

The problem there is that marmite was used. Yuck!

2 Likes

yes, clearly they should have used Bovril

1 Like

Not Vegemite?

Oh dear gawd you need to be slapped - marmite ftw

See, I can’t even dunk rusks in coffee and finish the cup of coffee. I always leave the last bit of coffee in the mug and take the last sips very cautiously. The moment I feel a crumb touching my lips, I know that’s it and rinse out the rest.

3 Likes

Same, which is why I dont eat rusks and dont dunk cookies

But its fun to dunk and pull out just before it splats.

4 Likes