The Rugby Thread

BULLE!! Messed up my grand slam point but who cares.

1 Like

This thread deserves a necro right about now…

BOKKE!!!

9 Likes

Wasn’t expecting that to be honest.

2 Likes

Wait what they actually won?

1 Like

It was an amazing game! And Argentina won too!

4 Likes

Ended up in Yserfontein this weekend without the ability to watch the Rugby. So missed both games. Just glad the bokke where able to win and good for Argentina. I really didn’t expect those outcomes.

Rugby World Cup 2023 in France

4 Likes

International rugby has started again!

Tomorrow the Bokke will play against Georgia in preparation for the Lions tour. And the B&I Lions will play against the Joburg Lions this weekend. Yay!

2 Likes

Yay! Been totally disconnected from local sport at all levels for the last year+ now I have no idea who is who and what’s good or not, so my Superbru picks are all going to be potluck at this point :smiley:

On that point, if there are MEWbs who do the Superbru thing, be sure to join the MEW July Internationals Pool:

https://www.superbru.com/july_internationals/pool.php?p=12361183

And while you’re there, if you haven’t already done so, join the @Solitude managed Most Epic Win Superbru Club too:

Most Epic Win (superbru.com)

2 Likes

Insanity!

1 Like

Haven’t watch Rugby in such a long time now.

1 Like

Insanity would have been if the Eagles won

This game was just too easy, but I’m concerned about the Boks.
Australia. Argentina, All Blacks and most of the major rugby countries have all started prepping new players for the next world cup since after the 2019 world cup yet we are still using the same team that won the World Cup.
We aren’t producing enough players who can easily transition into the Springbok squad should their be injuries.
Some players haven’t performed but yet are still kept in the team then there are players who are performing week in and week out but don’t get to even smell the jersey.

That for me is the problem with our system of integrating new and young players into the Springboks

1 Like

We are only allowed to win every 12 years… 2031 is when we are due the next one.

1 Like

@jaydogg86 , that’s a really good point you’ve got there.

The other countries are really bringing in the young ones and we should be doing the same. In my opinion it’s not worthwhile continuing with some of the players in our team. There’s some good young players that deserve a chance and I’d like to see how they perform for the Bokke.

Our talent pool does seem to be much smaller than in the past though.

1 Like

As a result, Erasmus has been suspended with immediate effect from all rugby activities for two months and suspended from all match-day activities (including coaching, contact with match officials, and media engagement) with immediate effect until 30 September 2022. Erasmus has also been handed a warning as to his future conduct and must make an apology to the relevant match officials.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Saturdays match is going to be one heck of a match. But I do have to say that I fall within the camp of supporters that believe we should not even go and play the match…

Honestly not all that surprised. Wales were the better team last week at Loftus and probably should have won there too.

Has not been a great home test weekend for the Southern Hemisphere teams. SA lost to Wales, the All Blacks lost (badly!) to Ireland, Argentina lost to Scotland, and the Aussies lost to England.

3 Likes

The Bokke didn’t play all that badly in this second test. They dominated all areas of the game but just couldn’t convert this into points. And then a string of stupid stuff made us lose the game in the end.

The first game that first half was super rusty and if it wasn’t for Elton it wouldn’t have been so bad.

Overall I think the Bokke have been dominating in all the right facets of game, except the score board.

5 Likes