The Rugby Thread

I know a lot of it was testing combinations and players with an eye towards the World Cup, but do that after the Series is safe. Loftus was a very shaky, I think lucky, win.

This 2nd Test should have been a pure show of force. A dominant performance by a team of World Champions. I was hoping for the Boks to show that the first Test was just them being a bit rusty, and winning matches on the last kick wasn’t normal.

Now they go to the 3rd Test with a must win mentality in order to not lose a Home Series to Wales.

3 Likes

Much better by the Boks. Solid 30-14 win. Series saved.

I see the All Blacks lost to the Irish again. Back-to-back home loses for them must be national disaster.

2 Likes

No idea why this got recommended to me by YouTube, but glad it did. This is how you create a rivalry WITHOUT being insulting to the opposition!

This guy speaks with respect and passion for the old foe, while still promoting his love for the All Blacks.

Now I am keen for the big match!

4 Likes

“Did I just overshare?” :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah! And props for calling it a “kak” :wink:

2 Likes

:south_africa: :south_africa: :south_africa:

5 Likes

Hmmm. Boks downed by the Aussies. Some really stupid and dodgy calls from the ref, very poor sportsmanship acting from the Aussie scrum half, but a bit of a poor performance all round. Two late tries make the scoreline look a lot better than it was.

:australia: 25 : 17 :south_africa:

Hopefully we can bounce back and win next week in Sydney.

2 Likes

That scrumhalf did the oerfect football dive…

Yeah, soooo many chances wasted.

3 Likes

Oh snap! Ian Foster’s job was secure, AB on a high after Ellis Park, and Christchurch hosting for the first time in like 7 years (or 6)… And the Pumas beat them soundly!

4 Likes

Never thought we’d see anything more than the odd stumble from the ABs. And now, after the humbling from Ireland they lose another match at home? To an admittedly solid Argie team? :exploding_head:

4 Likes

3 Likes