The VR Thread

Maybe if you don’t manage with this hopeful freebie, I would join you with shipping costs. I want to get a VR Cover for my headset.

Supported countries

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

They will sell officially blessed silicone covers, come the release of the new Oculus Quest 2 128Gb version, later this year. But there are plenty of 3rd party silicone facial interfaces available right now on Amazon, albeit not free.

I did some research and VR Cover has some pretty good ones, and are available on Bid or Buy at a reasonable price.

I ordered the FB one and it will lie in wait for me at my US shipping address for a while until I buy some more US goodies

Lame, Oculus Quest only…

Your Google-fu has failed you…

I meant Oculus Quest in general. In fact I don’t even have a Oculus anything.
I have a Lenovo Explorer. Just meant that I have been meaning to replace my cover that’s falling apart already, my shits old AF.

So your English is letting you down, not your Google Fu :rofl:

Eks mos Afrikaans… English is a daily struggle for me.
And yes, my google fu is on point. That’s why I still have a job.

1 Like

He drops an octave when he speaks English. Concentrate!

1 Like

Hi all,

Any game recommendations for the Quest 2?
I’ve tried and enjoyed Beat Saber and Pistol Whip so far.

Standalone or for pc?

For pc, using the link cable.

Ragnarock (better than Beat Sabre)
Half Life Alyx (most immersive VR experience)
The Climb (you get cross-buy on Oculus store, meaning you get Quest native version and PCVR version with extra map and hugely updated visuals)
The Room VR (great, spooky puzzler)
Elite Dangerous (the sense of scale of VR is almost frightening)
No Man’s Sky (flight controls are wonky in VR, but still a great experience on foot)

Once your VR legs are settled in, you can move onto racing sims and natural locomotion FPS titles. You don’t want to try any of those when you’re a VR noob, as it might spoil the experience completely and drive you away from VR in totality.

2 Likes

Oh, also try Airlink. Most people have better experiences than using good old link cable. Make sure your desktop is wired to a router with 5Ghz band (preferably Wifi 6) and connect the Quest 2 to that AP. Try and minimise all other traffic on that router for the best experience.

You can also try using Virtual Desktop, that did wireless streaming long before Oculus introduced Airlink. The dev implemented a frame extrapolation tech similar to Oculus’ ASW (that runs on desktop), but called SSW and that runs natively on the Quest 2. It essentially doubles your frame rate by using the GPU on the Quest 2.

1 Like

Arizona Sunshine for some easy going fun
Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Handgrenades, to stand in shock and awe at the detail of guns at a shooting range.

Google Earth VR is pretty flipping amazing too, even though it’s not a game.

1 Like

Everyone already mentioned what I was gonna say but I’m surprised no one mentioned SuperHot VR. mah gawd… so good.
Compound is also pretty good. old school graphics rogue shooter.

1 Like

For context, I actually prefer stuff that’s not necessarily “first person”. These are some of the games I’ve enjoyed the most:

Angry Birds: Isle of Pigs
Beatsaber
The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (very short but cute)
Down The Rabbit Hole (also short and cute)
Final Approach
GNOG
GORN
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice VR Edition
I Expect You to Die
Moss
Pinball FX2 VR
Pistol Whip
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Racket NX
Skyworld
Trover Saves the Universe
Twilight Path and FORM (both feel are so short they feel like demos, but they’re cool puzzle games anyway)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I’ll definitely look into those games / tips. Airlink looks great will try to set it up and compare.

Please keep any other recommendations, tips or must have accessories coming.

Best VR experience for me has to be this:

So much fun, easy to get into, great puzzles, and can be played sitting down.

2 Likes

There’s a sequel too, I have yet to try it.

After years of VR, the games I keep coming back to are Beat Saber, Hotdogs Horseshoes and Hand Grenades, Superhot, The Thrill of the Fight.

Endless replayability with all of them.

Oh and HL:Alyx, goes without saying really.

No one has mentioned Shooty Fruity, it sounds dumb, and the concept is dumb, but man is it fun blasting sentient fruits.

2 Likes