The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I’m late to the party I know, I actually bought the game a while back but waited until I had the time to really immerse myself in the game. All I can say is that it has been worth the wait!

I’m only a few hours in and the game just seems to keep expanding. I just finished the Bloody Baron questline and now understand why it has often been mentioned (fortunately I had avoided all spoilers) - never before have I experienced such an interwoven quest in a game. And one that will haunt me for many days afterwards.

I’m also starting to enjoy the combat more as I play. I’m not finding it as challenging as the Witcher 2 but in a way I feel that it is because it is better tuned and results in less “unfair” cheap shots taking you out. I’m playing on the 2nd highest difficulty - not sure if I should push it higher.

Anyway - share your SPOILER FREE opinions on the game here. I’m sure there was a thread back at the old MyGaming forum so I figured I’d create one here.

4 Likes

I stopped my 2nd or 3rd playthrough around the end of last year since I didn’t have much time to continue gaming. I continued this past Sunday with that playthrough and I’m still amazed by this game. Granted, I’ve already finished everything except for the last DLC which is pretty much a full game on its own.

It is one of those games that are nice to just fall into and just ignore / forget the outside world. I’ll finish this and then maybe start the Batman games again.

Better late than never. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want a challenge, play on Death March, but I would leave that for NG+ so you can already have a nicely built up character. Not that it makes it much easier, but it helps.

I’m like level 60 something and a pack of (lower leveled) wolves can kill me in a few seconds on Death March if I don’t pay attention. I’m taking it very slow though, I want this playthrough to be as close to 100% completion as I can get and since I’ve already finished it twice I’m in no rush. I’m not even super actively playing it, like maybe for an hour or two every week or two.

I should actually play it more. I would love to get 100% trophies for the base game and DLC but that won’t be easy and will take at least another run through after this one.

Have you got he DLC as well, blood and wine is gorgeous.

2 Likes

Ya got the GoTY Edition

1 Like

Played a bit last night actually. Tried to kill a contract monster without using any potions, signs. bombs, oils, etc. for a trophy. Even at 10 levels below me I couldn’t even take a third of the monster’s health. I should probably not attempt this trophy on the highest difficulty setting. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve switched to playing the PC version again. Console is fine, but the weight limit is such a drag and there are other small mods that improve the quality of life as well (like all quest objectives on map). Getting the game to work properly with the mods was not easy though. Loading times on console can also get a bit much, but on PC it’s not nearly as bad.

1 Like

New Witcher game confirmed by CDPR for after Cyberpunk!

I’m really hoping for a game focused in Eskel, maybe what he was doing during Witcher 1, or even one where you create your own witcher.

I’m really contemplating doing another play through of this now that my PC can handle ultra settings at a stable 60FPS. The only reason I haven’t started yet is because I have so much to play at the moment. I still haven’t finished blood and wine on switch yet either. Maybe I should do that at work and then transfer my save to PC for a NG+ “the way it was meant to be played” i.e max graphics at a smooth frame rate.

5 Likes

I still need to finish Blood and Wine. Just started and then my controller broke. Got a new controller now but haven’t started playing again.

1 Like

Forget about Man of Medan and play Blood and Wine! It’s like a full game on its own and it’s even better than the base game.

2 Likes

Already finished Man of Medan. :smile:

Starting Far Cry 4 tonight for Game Club.

2 Likes

Busy playing this on Switch at work right now. I’m still really amazed by how well this runs on Switch. A true technical marvel. Carrying on where I left off in Blood & Wine last time. My plan is to rush the story of B&W and then start (another) NG+ and play that alternating between Switch and PC versions. The goal is to (finally) go for a 100% completion rate. I’ve finished the game multiple times and have definitely finished all quests but never in a single play through.

3 Likes

I’m waiting until end of the month to start a new playthrough. The final version of the Witcher HD Reworked mod will drop around then. I see now that Cyberpunk has been pushed until November which works out nicely, will play that over December then.

2 Likes

@Viper you might wanna wait a bit longer

3 Likes

Hmmmm… That complicates things. And with no release date in sight.

1 Like

I might just replay the game when this launches…

I still need to finish playing through the game so this would be a great reason to get back into it

1 Like

Necro. (Which, for a Witcher topic, is the correct way to do things.)

Next-gen updates coming this year. And free Netflix series inspired DLC too!

5 Likes

Okay, so it only took a year longer than initially expected… the Next-Gen update is out 14 December.

The long-awaited PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC next-gun update for The Witcher 3 is almost here. Check out a brand new trailer showing some of things you can expect when The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt updates for free on December 14.

5 Likes