The Witcher: The Netflix Series

Love Actually is excellent. On top of that it stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alan Rickman, Liam Neeson, Emma Thompson, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy, Rowan Atkinson, and Walking Dead guy.

As romcoms and Christmas movies go it is clearly the best (the best I can remember right now, anyway).

3 Likes

Ok fine I will watch it. . . .

1 Like

Watch it with an open mind :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Says the guy who hasn’t even seen The Lion King :laughing:

4 Likes

i haven’t watched it, cos it’s never been on, when i walked into a room :joy:

5 Likes

This is getting off topic…but did you just make a christmas movie list and leave OUT Jingle All The Way?

TURBO MAN!

If you disagree with my choice, then do so kindly point out the OTHER movie where you get to watch the future Governor of California punch a reindeer…

3 Likes
4 Likes

The Witcher will be returning for Season 2 on 17 December.

2 Likes

schweet, can’t wait.

2 Likes

I love the little nods to the game(s). Cavill’s influence at play, no doubt.

1 Like
3 Likes

yeeeeeeees can’t wait

3 Likes

The anticipation for Season 2 of The Witcher comes to an end in a week’s time - Friday, 17 December - when all 8 episodes of Season 2 premiere on Netflix.

Here’s the official Netflix recap of Season 1 to help get you back up to speed with all things Witcher…

At the same time, Season 3 has been confirmed, as has an expanded Witcher universe.

5 Likes

Location scouting for Season 3 is underway… :smiley:

3 Likes

why tho

2 Likes

Some people say it’s because of Superman, but for my money I’d say he (Henry Cavill) is unhappy with the direction the showrunner/writers are taking and decided to step away. He is a big Witcher fan and fought hard to get the role so I can’t imagine he’d walk away without a good reason.

3 Likes

Both Cavill and Hemsworth made coordinated and very cordial Instagram announcements about the change. Even so, I agree that he is probably done with the way the studio have been handling the “adaptation”. Doubt we’ll ever find out for sure though - they’re all probably under heavy NDA conditions for as long as the show produces juicy royalty cheques from re-runs and tie-ins.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m also going to agree that he’s not happy. Man it’s gonna be weird having a different Gerald, like a new Spartacus I could never get used to. I also still have yet have to see how the new(old by now) Grindelwald will feel.

1 Like

Perhaps after we see how season 3 turns out, we’ll be able to determine the real reason.

I’ve never seen Liam in anything, but I imagine his brother could have made a fairly decent Geralt.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can see it…

1 Like