Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, the Borderlands spinoff title, is launching in less than three weeks on the 25th of March 2022. We we’re first introduced to this world during Borderlands 2’s Tiny Tina’s Assualt on Dragonkeep expansion. The game is being developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K and will be available on PC as well as last and current gen consoles from both manufacturers. On PC it will be a timed Epic Game Store exclusive just like Borderlands 3 before it.

Also like Borderlands 3 before it, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is first-person shooter roleplaying game with a heavy focus on collecting loot. This time around though the game is set in a boardgame that takes place in a fantasy setting so in addition to the standard guns there will also be melee weapons and spells to collect and use.

Unlike Borderlands 3 you won’t be playing with a preset character but will create your own character and choose from one of six classes with the ability to eventually mutli-class. More information on all the classes and their full skill trees can be found on the official website.

2 Likes

The game can be pre-ordered on Epic Game Store:

There is a steam page already but since it is a timed EGS exclusive, no price or date is listed yet:

PSN also has no price or even confirmed date yet.

I couldn’t find a local Xbox store page for the game.

2 Likes

I know we have a few Borderlands fans here. Any of you guys excited for and getting this? I took the plunge and pre-ordered the Choatic Great Edition fro Fanatical for around R1019, thats R50 cheaper than the standard game goes for on EGS.

I haven’t really looked at too much gameplay of this as there was no doubt that I was gonna buy it, but I’ve seen some gameplay and some of the class videos at least. I think I’m going to start off with a Graveborn and then maybe multi-class later down the line.

2 Likes

As much as I want it, for now it’s a nope on a rope till I have some money

1 Like

Ouch big bucks, will wait for it to hit game pass one day

2 Likes

You can get the PC version for R777 from Fanatical.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tiny-tina-s-wonderlands

1 Like

Doubt it ever will. Don’t think any Borderlands titles have ever been on Game Pass. Your best hope is an Epic Games Store giveaway one day…

1 Like

Or sale on steam then

1 Like

I will wait for steam. EGS launcher sucks.

Oof, changed my mind. Don’t want to miss out on a franchise I actually like. Will probably rebuy when it re-releases on steam. :joy:

3 Likes

Haha, yeah I was in the same boat with BL3 and now with Tiny Tina too. I still need to rebuy BL3 for steam at some point. One day when I get everything for about R200 I will do it. At the end of the day though, the launcher is not that big a deal. I just want the game. I’ve gotten every BL title on day one so it stands to reason that I MUST have Tina on day one as well.

1 Like

Does it really? Yes, it is not Steam, but Steam has like a 15 year head start.

Also, you buy the same game twice???

1 Like

Yes it does. Feature list doesn’t even compare. Downloads are shit. Infrastructure is shit. Chat options are like MSN from 2008. Cacheing is terrible. No streaming. Steam is pretty intelligent at figuring out the state of a game’s files. Not to mention actual backup and restore for those people with shitty internet. Steam has themes. Big Picture mode.

I’m also not fucking blind. I don’t need a launcher that only uses font size 400 with enough whitespace padding for your grandma.

I may be harsh, saying it sucks. But when the benchmark is steam, maybe you should put some effort into your feature list, if you want to compete.

2 Likes

Downloads are shit? My downloads on EGS are awesome. Always full speed, never had an issue and the throttling works.

1 Like

I’d had downloads break a game that it got corrupted and I had to redownload the whole thing.

1 Like

I look at EGS as a cheap shop for games. Then it is perfect. Cheap games, fast.

All the other features are fluff.

Chat? Streaming? Themes? Bah!

1 Like

Yeah that is shit. I get it. Luckily I’ve never had any issues with EGS. I quite like it. Good prices, discount vouchers and free games. What’s not to like?

3 Likes

The end game content is looking and sounding awesome:

At their most basic, a normal Chaos Chamber run is a randomized challenge that should take around 20-30 minutes to complete. Your path through the dungeon goes like this: three randomized dungeon rooms where you’ll need to clear out a number of enemies before you can proceed, then a mini-boss fight, followed by three more dungeon rooms, and finally, a full-on main boss fight as the grand finale.

Each time you complete a room that isn’t immediately before a boss fight, you’ll open two portals that give you a degree of choice over what you’ll encounter in the next room. You have three lives to make it to the end of the dungeon; lose them all, and your run is a failure (but don’t fret, you still get to keep any weapons or gear you picked up during the run).

It’s up now,but no pricing yet…

Buy Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands for Xbox Series X|S | Xbox

https://www.xbox.com/en-za/games/store/Tiny-Tinas-Wonderlands-for-Xbox-Series-X-S/9N13ML8VHW31

2 Likes

I’m gonna play the shit out of this game.

2 Likes