Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Randy Pitchford announced on Twitter that the game will launch with fill cross-play support accross all platforms.

3 Likes

PC requirements announced.

Looks very similar to BL3 requirements (which makes sense) so I should be able to play on Ultra. I cannot wait.

1 Like
2 Likes

Everything you need to know. “left-click is shoot.” You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Reviews are looking good. I haven’t read or watched any but I’m happy its scoring well.

Damn. 9.5 from Game Informer. I am HYPE.

It’s Tina day! I already played a little bit at 4:00 (Had to be up since my mom got back from holiday on the bus). I love it already.

Found this quite insightful if you unsure if this is just more Borderlands or on the fence.

1 Like

This game is AWESOME. If you liked Borderlands you’ll love this. The new setting really works great and the spells and melee weapons are great. It gets my stamp of approval.

1 Like

I have analysis paralysis. Don’t know what class to go with

2 Likes

Haha. I decided to start with Clawbreaker because of the fire and lighting damage and the Wyvern pet. Still undecided what class I’ll choose once I unlock mutli-class.

Here is my guy: (not the best image)

1 Like

Really having a blast with this game. This is the Borderlands formula perfected IMO. I also discovered you can change your character’s appearance whenever you want from quick change stations. Much like BL games but this time you can customise everything every time you use one.

1 Like

So the Elden Ring of Borderlands?

3 Likes

I’d say the Bloodborne of Borderlands. I.e. a spinoff that is better than the progenitor.

1 Like
1 Like

The times we live in… People are ridiculous. Giving the game a 0 zero on metacritic because genders are referred to as “this one” and “that one”. How stupid can you get?

The game is still amazing and a lot of fun to play.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for it to be a little bit more affordable. Sounds like good fun

1 Like

Spoiler free tiny review!

I went spellshot, and just last night unlocked graveborn. Game’s been great. Not really hard on intense difficulty, but I am only level 20. So keep in mind, I’m speaking without having experienced endgame content.

The UI is could be better. Managing your inventory becomes a slog, because the menu’s don’t have good filters/sorting. I tried the game on a gamepad, and the default melee should have been a button, not R3 (missed easy win). The map design is great, but the usability has down syndrome. I see a lot of bitching online about problems :man_shrugging: I’ve had no game breaking stuff. I do see SHiFT servers going online/offline constantly, but i’m playing solo, so it doesn’t affect me. And i’ve had it crash twice, admittedly after very long sessions, where I didn’t expect the game to survive that long, in the paused state I left it, to go shopping :joy: .

The multiclass vibes seems more in-line with Grim Dawn, though not done as well as them. It gives you the illusion of many more builds than previous games. The spells have been good, and they seem to be getting better, especially with cooldown’s high enough. New characters and story is absolutely stellar, with the unexpected pop culture references being the pièce de résistance. I think they hit a Adrian Kuiper 6 with that. The villains are back to Borderlands 2 levels, not the cringey forced ones from Borderlands 3. And while there are some annoying NPC’s, they are no where near the level fuck you from BL3.

Strictly speaking, it’s just more borderlands. But that’s like saying, a chocolate cake is just some flour, egg and sugar. The sum of it’s parts is so much more. If you like borderlands 3, you’ll recognise some stuff as renamed features. Things are just new or different enough to keep things fresh and exciting. It’s a must play for people that like the franchise, and even a make the effort to play for those that don’t normally care about the franchise, but have the cash to splash.

Is it better than Borderlands 3? Surprisingly I’d say a tentative yes. Is it better than Borderlands 2? Fuck no, that game has grown into a legend, that they can’t top right now.

I rate it 4.5 out of 5 doggie scritches, definitely something to play through, at some time even if you can’t right now.

5 Likes

Thanks, that was refreshing.

1 Like
2 Likes

Steam has a coming soon page for it. Added to my wishlist.

4 Likes