Today Is... 📆

Many things to do, few hours to do them in…

And that’s Redd Leader to you! :smiley:

2 Likes

DarthMol-PC

:smile:

I think I last put thought into a name for my PC back in the heyday of LANs

3 Likes

xD

My gaming rig is called red-leader, server is called red-five, and my wife’s office machine is gold-leader.

3 Likes

Lol, I type gibberish into windows during the install

3 Likes

Simply called KOMPER.

1 Like

:wave: Good morning! :cloud:

It is Sunday, 21 November 2021
(W46 | D325 | 40 rem)

Today is: :star: World Hello Day👋

World Hello Day may sound extremely basic, as it encourages us to take the opportunity to simply greet people, and to recognize how important simple communication is in our daily lives. The story of how it came to be, however, is a long and interesting one.

World Hello Day was first created in 1973 in order to show people, especially the people of the Middle East, that conflicts can and should be resolved through communication, and not violence. The idea is that clear, honest communication breeds peace.

In the 1970s, the conflict between Egypt and Israel was quite severe, and many people began to fear yet another war in the region.

World Hello Day was in fact created as a direct response to the Yom Kippur War that had just finished in October of 1973, during which thousands of both soldiers and innocent civilians were killed. Some soldiers had also been tortured and flat out executed.

The peace discussion at the end of the war was the first time that Arab and Israeli officials met for direct public discussion in 25 years.

The concept of World Hello Day was created by Brian McCormack, a Ph.D. Graduate of Arizona State University, and Michael McCormack, a graduate of Harvard.

Over the last 42 years since its creation, World Hello Day has been celebrated in 180 countries, as citizens of each of these countries take advantage of this time to express their concerns for world peace.

Thirty-one winners of the Nobel Peace Prize have stated that World Hello Day carries substantial value as an instrument for preserving peace, and as an occasion that makes it possible for anyone in the world, individual, organization or government, to contribute to the process of creating peace.

Participating in World Hello Day is quite simple: all you have to do is say hello to at least 10 people during that one day.

This is supposed to send a message of openness and goodwill to others, and the creators of the holiday hoped this small gesture alone would demonstrate how communication can be instrumental in resolving disputes and preventing conflicts.

So, in case I don’t catch you elsewhere: “Hello!” :wave: Have a peaceful Sunday. :+1::grinning:

Know More:

http://www.worldhelloday.org/

2 Likes

Hello

3 Likes

O, hi.

:wave:

3 Likes

:wave:

Hello
Ahoj
Sawubona
Hallo

3 Likes

Howzit!

3 Likes

Hello…

2 Likes

Awe :facepunch:

2 Likes

And remember people, if someone from the cape flats says, hello. It could be a warning :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The programmer in me misread that at first.

10 PRINT “Hello world”
20 GOTO 10

2 Likes

Hoe lykit hoe lykit? Ek en jy neikit!

2 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :cloud:

It is Monday, 22 November 2021
(W47 | D326 | 39 rem)

Today is: :star: Go For A Ride Day

Go For A Ride Day encourages you to get out into the world – hop on your bike, into your car, or simply get your walking boots out of storage and go on a trip. Don’t worry too much about where you’re going, just enjoy the journey.

What with all of the cell phones and emails constantly intruding on our lives, we can all agree that everyone needs some time to just get away from it all and feel free every now and then. And what better way to do that then to just go for a ride!

November 22nd has seen various developments of the transportation industry since as early as 1904, making Go For a Ride Day a celebration of not only cars, but any mode of transportation that strikes your fancy. In 1904, a man named Mathias Pfatischer living in Philadephia, was the first American to patent the pioneer direct electricity and interpole motor.

In 1927, another American inventor named Carl J. Eliason from Saynor, Wisconsin, acquired the patent for the snowmobile, which definitely drastically changed the lives of many of the inhabitants of Wisconsin for the better.

In 1977, the regular mass service had their trial run on the famed supersonic Concorde. As you can see, November 22nd has been an important day for various areas of the transportation industry.

The greatest thing about Go for a Ride Day is that there is no one, right way to celebrate it. At the end of the day, what’s being celebrated is the freedom that the development of transportation has afforded us, and this is what we should take care to enjoy on this day. What is your favorite mode of transportation?

Depending on where you live in the world, you could spend this day traveling somewhere into the unknown by boat, plane, helicopter, car, motorcycle, rollerskates, skateboard, or even more old-fashioned modes of transport, like by horse, sleigh, or horse-drawn carriage.

How you travel doesn’t matter, as long as you celebrate the free spirit of the day. In fact, you may just want to put on your most comfortable shoes and go for a walk in the mountains or the countryside. Pack a lunch, take the family if you wish, and spend the day walking, talking and enjoying nature instead of answering endless phone calls and messages.

Enjoy your Monday - go for a ride! :+1::grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks, just rub it in why don’t ya.

3 Likes

Anyone want to buy a Specialized Crave Pro? :slight_smile:

And might I add…

Catch a riiiiiiide!

2 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sunny:

It is Tuesday, 23 November 2021
(W47 | D327 | 38 rem)

Today is: :star: Fibonacci Day🌀

There are sequences that appear in nature time and time again, ones that seem to define the very basis of the reality of the world and coordinate how everything comes together. One of these numbers is the Fibonacci sequence and it can be found in the most surprising of places.

Fibonacci Day commemorates this sequence and the man who brought it to the attention of humans way back in 1202. It’s time for Fibonacci Day!

Who’s the man? That would be Leonardo of Pisa, known today as Fibonacci. He does not seem to have been the first to think of this sequence, but he was the first to bring it to the European world and bring awareness to its importance in the furthering of science.

The sequence itself first appeared in Indian Mathematics, known as Virahanka numbers, and was connected with Sanskrit prosody. The number sequence is also tied to the golden ratio and the golden triangle, both of which appear again and again in nature, as does the sequence itself.

Where does this unique sequence appear, some might ask? It is in the most fundamental of things, from the petals of the yellow chamomile to the complex and seemingly random branching of a tree’s limbs–and these are just a few.

Look deeper and a person who works to pay attention will find these numbers within the pine cone as well as in the shape of an unfurling fern. In a truly strange one to understand, the numbers can be found in the description of the family tree of bees, which is deeply important to apiarists as a result.

And because of its prevalence in nature, this sequence also has a tendency to be repeated by humans so that it is found in various forms of art and architecture. It can be seen in buildings, paintings, drawings, sculptures and so much more.

Learning how to create the Fibonacci sequence isn’t very difficult. Simply start with 0 and 1. Then each additional number is always the last two numbers of the sequence added together. Like this: 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 and so on.

Watch for the golden ratio wherever you are today. :cyclone::+1::grinning:

Know More:

2 Likes

YAY! Recursion!!

I’m one of those rare breeds that can think recursively. Explains why I’m always walking into walls.

2 Likes