Today Is... 📆

:wave: Good morning! :partly_sunny:

It’s Tuesday, January 5th, 2021
(W1/D5)

Today is:

• National Whipped Cream Day. This US event falls on the birthday of Reddi-Wip founder Aaron Lapin. Lapin invented Reddi-Wip in 1948, and the holiday celebrates whipped cream’s contributions to the dessert world.

• Screenwriters Day, billed as a day to celebrate and recognize the talents of screenwriters everywhere.

Enjoy some strawberries with whipped cream while you appreciate the writing in your favourite TV show, and have delicious day! :+1:

8 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

It’s Wednesday, January 6th, 2021
(W1/D6)

Today is:

:star: Cuddle Up Day - Falling on this date because it’s often one of the coldest in the Great White North, the benefits of Cuddle Up Day are global. Cuddling releases oxytocin. This hormone alone has huge health benefits. Besides giving us warm and fuzzy feelings, oxytocin reduces pain, helps reduce heart disease, reduces blood pressure, stress, and anxiety.

:star: Shortbread Day - a day dedicated to making, baking, eating and sharing shortbread? Sign me up! It’s been almost 275 years since Mrs McLintock wrote the first shortbread recipe down. Since then, the perfect blend of flour, sugar and butter has remained pretty much unchanged.

Grab your aprons and whisks, bake up a storm, and then spend the rest of it cuddling up with family, friends and fur-babies. And have a happy, happy day! :+1:

8 Likes

This is amazing! I love a good shortbread. I don’t care much for making or baking, but I definately love eating it and do not like sharing!

5 Likes

I wont lie I am the same, I cant bake it but will eat it happily. But very fussy of late with it, not willing to eat just any I find.

4 Likes

Makes me wonder if my mom will send me any of her homemade shortbread this year

4 Likes

Tis one thing I missed aboot Christmas this year.

5 Likes

https://community.mostepic.win/t/the-10-000-best-forum-posts-on-the-internet-right-now/3039/2740?u=gregredd

5 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :cloud:

It’s Friday, January 8th, 2021
(W1/D8)

Today is:

:star: World Typing Day - World Typing Day began in Malaysia in 2011. Typing Day was created to encourage people to express themselves via typewritten communication and to promote speed, accuracy and efficiency in typing. It is marked with various events and activities including speed and accuracy contests.

:star: Bubble Bath Day - Let’s be honest here - every day should be Bubble Bath Day. But today is the suds fests’ official unofficial day. No clear idea of who or why the day was started, but the first references to a Bubble Bath Day started appearing in the late 1990s. And long may it last too!

After smashing your typing speed record and wearing down your keyboard some more, relax and unwind in a bath full of bubbles. Have a fantastic Friday! :+1:

4 Likes

I’m curious, do you write out the content messages, or this just copy-pasta?

3 Likes

50:50. Have found four or five different sites and cherry pick from them, mix it up a bit, add a bit of Redd, and slap it on the wall here.

5 Likes

Nice, I laaik it a lot.

5 Likes

https://community.mostepic.win/t/the-10-000-best-forum-posts-on-the-internet-right-now/3039/2765?u=gregredd

5 Likes

Can’t I just play Populous or Godus instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll just stick with Cities Skylines.

3 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_rain_cloud:

It’s Sunday, January 10th, 2021 (W1/D10)

Today is:

:star: Peculiar People Day - A day to celebrate the weird, the wonderful, and the wacky people in our lives. Today is a day to look for the good in your peculiar acquaintances, and to celebrate their quirkiness. And let’s be honest, if you’re reading this it will probably be a self-celebration for you too! :woozy_face:

:star: Bittersweet Chocolate Day - Another food related celebration. This time it’s for true dark chocolate. No, not that namby pamby milk chocolate stuff (that has its day in February). We are talking about the real deal stuff here - 70%, 80%, 90%, dark, bitter chocolate. Get your fill of dark chocolate straight off the slab, or soften the blow by pouring melted chocolate over vanilla ice-cream, or even some choc-chip cookies and a warm hot chocolate drink to help wash them down. :chocolate_bar:

Trying to think of a way to combine today’s two celebrations, and coming up blank. The one thought I did have involved chocolate body paint, public performance art, and a high likelihood of arrest. So, let’s have your suggestions instead. Have a super Sunday! :+1:

5 Likes

https://community.mostepic.win/t/the-10-000-best-forum-posts-on-the-internet-right-now/3039/2797?u=gregredd

5 Likes

… . .-… .-… — -.-.-- / – -.-- / -. .- – . / … … / .— .- -. .-.-.-

Yes it’s a complete sentence!

3 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

It’s Tuesday, 12 January 2021 (W2/D12)

Today is:

:star: Kiss A Ginger Day - Started in 2009 as an anti-bullying celebration of red-headed people around the world, in response to the less appealing “Kick a Ginger Day”. Ultimately, people who have issues with our ginger-topped friends are jealous. Jealous that redheads don’t go grey, and jealous that redheads are so rare - only 2% of the population have red hair, and that’s declining. Send the gingers in your world some (socially distant!) love today, and celebrate all things ginger.

:star: Poetry At Work Day - An initiative started in 2013 by Tweetspeak Poetry and Every Day Poems, Poetry At Work Day celebrates the creatives in our workplaces, and encourages all of us to add some creativity into our work days. The idea is to both find poetry at work (poetry is all over the workplace) and bring more of it in to work.

Have a totally tubular Tuesday! :+1:

3 Likes

So… When is the kicking day?

3 Likes

.- -. --. … .
That is me apparently

2 Likes