Today Is... 📆

November some time. But we’re all about equality in these parts - going to make it Kick Anyone With Hair Day. No reason that the gingers should get all the kickings :smiley: .

4 Likes

Of course it has to be in No Shave November…

4 Likes

The second-last character looks off. That looks like “S” unless I’m missing something?

The only morse code I know is S.O.S.:: … — …

2 Likes

I can teach you another easy one. The famous Nokia sms tone is … / - - / … because that spells sms.

4 Likes

I used Angie so no idea :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

https://community.mostepic.win/t/the-10-000-best-forum-posts-on-the-internet-right-now/3039/2871?u=gregredd

5 Likes

4 Likes

Back in the day, we used to have a charity rubber duck race where you could buy a rubber duck, each with a unique number that you get on a ticket. If your duck wins, you win <whatever>, and the proceeds go to some charity.

Apparently some years ago, a bunch of the ducks decided “Duck it… Let’s ditch the course and do our own thing” and breached the barriers.

Then there’s this:

4 Likes

Horror movie!

5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

It’s Thursday, 14 January 2021 (W2/D14)

Today is:

:star: Dress Up Your Pet Day - Is there anything cuter than a dog in dungarees? Or a kitten in actual mittens? Started in 2009 by Colleen Paige, an animal behaviorist, Dress Up Your Pet Day is intended to be a way for pet owners and their fur babies to bond. On the absolute condition that it does not cause your pets any stress (mine hate the idea, and flatly refuse to be cute in clothes), dress them up and show them off. Pics please!

:star: Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day - Tracing it’s origins back to the Romanian Jewish community, the pastrami sandwich has become a New York City culinary staple. Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day is a celebration of the mouthwatering edible treat. This delicious delicacy is traditionally created using thin slices of piping hot pastrami served on mustard slathered rye bread, and topped with fresh, crunchy pickle slices. But chefs of all statures love to put their own twist to it, and the internet is full of recommended variations. (Click the link, see for yourself.)

And now I’m hungry!

Dress up your pet. Eat a hot pastrami sandwich. Both of these are wholesome activities that could even be combined into a dress up dinner party for you and your pets. Go get yourselves all dressed up, and have a terrific Thursday! :+1:

5 Likes

In honour of today here’s a picture from a few years ago of our one dog:

5 Likes

This was a tough shot to get!

4 Likes

I want one so badly, but my doggos will have a field day

3 Likes

https://community.mostepic.win/t/the-10-000-best-forum-posts-on-the-internet-right-now/3039/2929?u=gregredd

6 Likes

Sydney only likes wearing his harness because it means walks. However, we have some pics of him looking dapper in his original adoption photos:

I think I will. Can the pastrami be cold and then you toast the sandwich, or do you heat the pastrami?

6 Likes

That also means today is rewatch Firefly day. It is full of very fine hats.

Jayne cunning hat

5 Likes

I prefer bonnets.

4 Likes

I won’t lie, as much as I love bonnets, I still want someone to knit me a cap like Jaynes…

2 Likes