Today Is... šŸ“†

Traditionally you do yes. Itā€™s even in the nameā€¦ :grinning: But personally I too prefer it cold, so go for it.

2 Likes

Hey itā€™s a fair question. The pastrami gets hot when you toast the sandwich!

3 Likes

OMGā€¦ the same look as Agent Smith and Elrond in one!

2 Likes

I donā€™t have pastrami or rye bread at home, but Iā€™m really tempted to pop out and go get some. Iā€™ll then nuke the pastrami for 2-3 minutes, toast the rye until itā€™s nice and crispy and then slather some hot mustard. Iā€™ll hold the pickles though, never been a fan of cucumbers soaked in evil.

3 Likes

Bring me some please?!

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_large_cloud:

Itā€™s Saturday, 16 January 2021 (W2/D16)

Today is:

:star: Appreciate A Dragon Day :dragon: - Whether itā€™s Smaug, Drogon, Viserion, Rhaegal, Elliot, Toothless, Puff the Magic, or our very own @Wyvern, today is the day to get your dragon appreciation on. Started in 2004 by author Donita K. Paul to celebrate the release of her book DragonSpell, Appreciate A Dragon Day encourages people to explore these mythical creatures, and their cultural significance in the society and history.:dragon:

:star: International Hot and Spicy Foods Day :hot_pepper: - Sticking with the fire and heat theme, today is also International Hot and Spicy Foods Day. I canā€™t because my stomach is not able to deal with spicy foods. Also, Iā€™m a wimp. But I reckon thereā€™s many in these parts who do appreciate a hit of heat in their dishes. International Hot and Spicy Foods Day sparks a wildfire of events, from habanero-eating challenges to fancy-dress contests and cook-offs of popular recipes. Among serious aficionados, it also re-kindles the great debate: which chili pepper tops the official Scoville heat scale? Enjoying a touch of heat in our cooking is a worldwide human trait, so what better day to discover a different cuisine? Thai, Indian, Creole and Caribbean dishes are all famous for their blends of aromatic and spicy ingredients.:hot_pepper:

Have a spicy and hot Saturday! :+1:

4 Likes

I shall appreciate Villentretenmerth and Saesenthessis.

(Do not look up those names unless you donā€™t mind spoilers for The Witcher.)

2 Likes

All appreciation can be sent to me in the form of coffee please

2 Likes

2 Likes

Today is my day!

Oh, and apparently something to do with spicy food as well.

3 Likes

Itā€™s amazing I found this post as I came to the forum to post this:

Edit: Actually Iā€™m ashamed to say I only had 1 tabasco pepper and 3 Mozambiquen bastardos in my lunch todayā€¦ Iā€™ll have to make up for that at dinner

3 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

Itā€™s Sunday, 17 January 2021 (W2/D17)

Today is:

:star: National Bootleggerā€™s Day

Perhaps somewhat appropriate given the current restrictions on alcohol sales that have created a whole new generation of bootleggers. It was exactly 100 years ago when Prohibition outlawed the manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages on 17 January 17. At the time enterprising residents of a small town in Iowa chose to become outlaws. They began producing a sought-after whiskey known as Templeton Rye, or ā€œThe Good Stuffā€ to those in the know. Templeton Rye Whiskey shares its January 17th birthday with bootlegger Al Capone and the son of another bootlegger, Meryl Kerkhoff. Infinium Spirits founded National Bootleggers Day in 2015 to celebrate the birth of Templeton Rye.

:star: Ditch New Yearā€™s Resolutions Day

Only 9% stick to their resolutions, so you might as well be part of the other 91% and quit right now, saving yourself all the hard work, because you are likely to fail in the end anyway. Today everyone has an excuse to ditch all their New Yearā€™s resolutions without any guilt. Stop your overburdening diets and exercise routines! Have yourself a drink! Instead of being tied to specific resolutions, you could reevaluate your life as a whole, and still try to improve yourself over the year. Get out there and start living your life and being satisfied with who you are, and if you arenā€™t genuinely satisfied, change it for that reason, and not because a new calendar has flipped over! Get rid of your silly New Yearā€™s resolutions! Now is your chance!

Have a superb Sunday! :+1:

4 Likes

Today is Betty Whiteā€™s 99th birfday

4 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

Itā€™s Monday, 18 January 2021 (W3/D18)

Today is:

:star: Winnie the Pooh Day :bear:

Celebrated on the birthday of author A. A. Milne, hereā€™s a special day that fans of the silly old bear canā€™t bear to miss! Every year, the occasion is marked with events such as teddy bear picnics, featuring plenty of honey on the menu, and marathon Pooh television and film binge watching. Of course, going back to Poohā€™s written roots and reading the original stories with your children or just for yourself is definitely an option too. However you decide to acknowledge Winnie the Pooh Day, bringing more Winnie, Tigger, Piglet, Owl, Rabbit, and Eeyore into the world cannot be a bad thing. Spread the Pooh! :bear:

Have a mega Monday! :+1:

6 Likes

A little home town pride

3 Likes

:wave: Good morning! :sunny:

Itā€™s Tuesday, 19 January 2021 (W3/D19)

Today is:

:star: Popcorn Day :popcorn:

The US is in love with popcorn, so itā€™s not surprising that they celebrate Popcorn Day. Or that there is a National Popcorn Board who are the ones that declared today Popcorn Day. Admittedly, the delicious and nutritious fluffy snack does deserve its day in the limelight. Hot or cold, savoury or sweet, day or night, in public or alone, popcorn can be enjoyed anyway you like, whenever and wherever you like. How do you like your popcorn? Drenched in hot butter? Drizzled with caramel? Gourmetified with herbs and spices? Or straight up, with a light dusting of salt? :popcorn:

Have a poppinā€™ Tuesday! :+1:

4 Likes

Salt and Vinegar seasoning! Enough to make you cough if you carelessly inhale just after youā€™ve poured it onto the popcorn

5 Likes

Never been a salt and vinegar fan. Iā€™ll definitely make some spicy popcorn tonight if my stomach settles down.

3 Likes

Specifically the Salt and Vinegar seasoning that Ster Kinekor uses. Iā€™m drooling just thinking about it!!

4 Likes

Makes the jaws selavate.

4 Likes