Twitter is now X

In his drive to make twitter the everything app. He has rebranded twitter to X. Even got it projected on the building.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1683378289031761920

This is gooing to take some getting used to.

Which do you prefer?

• Twitter
  • X

0 voters

1 Like

Just because I am not a fan of these silly names he is coming up with. I am thinking of using the threads one rather

That logo looks familiar

3 Likes
3 Likes

I came to post this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Twitter has been my X for a while… She never calls anymore.

1 Like

the X is to Emphasise how

Xtremely Stupid Elon is becoming

2 Likes

I was just checking Eskom’s twitter for load shedding updates and noticed they have their new logo up already. After verifying we’re still in stage 4 until further notice, I went to instinctively click the new X logo to close the window…

3 Likes

Clearly they never performed any usability testing.

2 Likes

Imagine twittervideos downloader becomes xvideos downloader :rofl:

3 Likes

oof!!

1 Like

The memes have started

I was thinking about this, maybe they did. Keeps users on the site when they want to leave :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Imagine the amount of brand work this will cause for people, companies, marketing, blogs, sites, etc. that link to Twitter either via logo, integration, etc.

1 Like

I think I want to work for X. Elon seems like a fantastic and mentally stable owner.

3 Likes

Probably the unpopular opinion here, but I for one am interested to see what he does with Twitter (and if he’s able to succeed). Elon seems a bit unstable, all over the place and definitely a bit too impulsive, but somehow he usually manages to surprise.

Social media has become the cesspool of the internet with the companies drowning out free speech and blocking any content that doesn’t fit their narrative (but freely allowing hate speech and content that breaks their own rules if it fits their ideologies).

So a new player is definitely needed and I don’t know if Elon can deliver, but I’m hoping he succeeds at least on the social media front. As for all the other things he wants to achieve with his new X, I’m not really phased at this stage. Will see if or when there is something more concrete if it is worth getting excited about.

2 Likes

Allied to that is the amount of re-rebranding all of this X kak is going to have to go through when one of the many other organisations that already have trademarks on “X” start to lodge their suits against this. Firing your legal department and taking random unilateral decisions has consequences.

Meta, Microsoft, hundreds more own trademarks to new Twitter name | Reuters.

Elon’s mommy is not going to be able to stop him being pulled into legal court fight by Meta and/or Microsoft.

1 Like

My issue with Twitter is the way it now organises my tweets, I feel like I am missing most of my usual people that I follow and get a crap ton more spam

1 Like

Which of these do you have selected?

3 Likes

From now I’m calling tweets Xcrement

4 Likes