Violence in movies

So we had a discussion of violence in video games, what are your take on violence in movies and tv series?

When I grew up we had the A-team that shot all over the place but nobody got hit and that was the norm.
Now we have over the top violence and gore where they show you everything! I normally can only handle so much before I have to watch something less violent.

1 Like

casts resurrection

My wife and I spoke about this last week. We have a 9 year old son and he isnt allowed to watch stuff that is very violent with blood and stuff like that.

I know what can happen to the human body, I’ve seen some stuff that stays with me forever. I like action movies, love shooting and blowing up stuff, same with swords and battle axes. But I dislike when gore is used too much. Most recent example of this is Hellboy (2019). An older one is 300 (were they sponsored by Dulux Paints to show off their spraying equipment?).

I dont think we need that kind of violence in media, be that games or movies/series. Realism is great, in both media, l like games like ARMA and Squad.

I dont think we should get used to extreme violence. I remember this one girl I knew, used to browse rotten.com, I asked her why she was watching it? Her reply was, “I want to get used to it.”
wtf?

As for the parents, media and politicians jumping on the games/movies bad, that makes me wonder and worry about what else they dont understand in their job and f!!!ng up? Like, we know they are messing up with the gaming theory, but dont know what else during their daily doings they mess up just as this. Most of the people that go on a killing spree have some issues in their history, then society fails them and its blamed on games/movies.

2 Likes

Same as games absolute BS to blame movies for these issues.

I see issue with showing gore or whatever they want. Don’t like it, don’t watch.

Against any and all censorship.

I remember when I was a kid i was not allowed to watch Robocop, I waited till i was 15 before i could watch it. Am i going to shoot people no thats just stupid. I was with a family a while back and Rambo was on TV and they just let the movie play when he was around I wanted to change the channel but they said its fine ??? ( who was I to say other wise. I ended up distracting the kid in other ways. ) I think age is a big thing when it comes to violence in movies but we have become so used to violence its not even a thought anymore. But to pin it on games alone is kinda stupid when you can get a weapon from a super market.

It has become a normal thing now that if you dont get your way or get pushed around mass shootings is the way to go. Media has made this horrific thing into a way for people to get way to be recognised.

Not sure how to solve this but blaming it on Gaming is kinda dumb when you have other factors that play a much bigger role.

… not to sure if i got my idea across correctly